Was I In The Wrong?

Fuck that kid. He should learn to keep his bullshit to himself.
Total votes: 8 (11%)
MrFood was a rude, aggressive asshole.
Total votes: 62 (89%)
Total votes: 70

Was I Completely Out Of Order Here?

I have concluded that I can't be pestered reading 4 pages of this thread so someone may have brought this up but - Mr Food - didn't you start a thread a while backing asking us all if you should get a hair cut with pictures and everything?

EDIT: Ok so I just checked and it was you.

In which case:

MrFood wrote:I was sickened. I was blown away that someone who was so incredibly shallow, someone who had come to allow their stupid fucking preoccupations with clothes and haircuts to become the lens through which he sees the world interfere with me and expect me to be cool with it.

oh and

fuck off

:lol:
Last edited by Earwicker_Archive on Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
They talk by flapping their meat at each other.

Marsupialized wrote:Or tell him to fuck off, he can do whatever he wants

Obviously anyone can do what they want. He could have held him to the ground and sodomised him for all I care. I only know about this event because he made this thread so he's obviously open to the idea that there were other ways for this particular scenario to play out.

The easiest was to excuse himself and walk away. No pointless confrontation, no consternation from his companion, no thread for us to endlessly grind out whether his conduct was appropriate.
run joe run wrote:Kerble your enthusiasm.

I think the best response that will come of this thread is gmilner's.

I agree with it (them) completely.

But then, totally separate from that very rational and accurate description of this scenario, I would like to take several steps away from that and say some stuff that I'm guessing gmilner doesn't agree with at all.

Mr. Food, you are a fricken douche and you must know it by now. I've noticed it years ago, FWIW.

I just deleted a couple paragraphs I had written, and will shorten it to "you acted like an asshole".

the only thing you did right was not to start a physical altercation over it, so at least you did well in that respect.

basically, you shouldn't leave your home except to go to work. seriously. just don't go out.
"The bastards have landed"

www.myspace.com/thechromerobes - now has a couple songs from the new album

Earwicker wrote:I have concluded that I can't be pestered reading 4 pages of this thread so someone may have brought this up but - Mr Food - didn't you start a thread a while backing asking us all if you should get a hair cut with pictures and everything?

I don't think that's the same thing.

If Barry wandered around complimenting strangers on their hair, that would be the same thing.
run joe run wrote:Kerble your enthusiasm.

Acting like Henry Rollins is not very becoming.

In all honesty, I would have been mortified if I was your woman friend with you that evening.

Don't mean to sound harsh, but he was just complimenting you. Smile, nod and be done with it. Look at how much time and energy you have wasted on this now. Seems kind of pointless. You can't control what random people are going to say to you.

Mr. Food, I think you would have a difficult time being a woman. We get this shit all the time. Ain't no thing, man. Seriously.
Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around. An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced. T. Mckenna

I think Mr. Food was insulted not because he was complimented by someone who he thinks is a hipster, but because someone assumed he was putting unwarranted focus and meaning on his own appearance. His reaction was over the top and rude, but I understand the sentiment.

Y'all make value-based judgments every day based on people's taste in music, so stop the hate, pretense, and embrace your inner-cockbags.
murderedman wrote:Your problem is your bloc attitude.

tommydski wrote:
Earwicker wrote:I have concluded that I can't be pestered reading 4 pages of this thread so someone may have brought this up but - Mr Food - didn't you start a thread a while backing asking us all if you should get a hair cut with pictures and everything?

I don't think that's the same thing.

It's not the same thing but it's a similar enough thing to be worthy of mention.

Food got all uppity cause of this fellas perceived shallowness - based on one compliment.
Food has expressed a similar preoccupation appearances and had the gall! the nerve! to make his preoccupation interefere with my perusing of the PRF.
How dare he?
Vain cunt!
Here's a fucker! Fucker should die. Fucking how dare he think of what people might look like? Fucking sickens me. Argghhh!

:shock:

Personally double standards sicken me a lot more.

Why are we humouring him on this?
He obviously has issues beyond what some stranger thinks of his jeans. If he wants to talk about those issues fair dos - until then he's just a raj twat in a pub.
They talk by flapping their meat at each other.

I think it was an overreaction, taking it to a hostile level like that. It makes it seem that maybe you care about appearances a bit more than you're letting on. Like you perceived he was mocking you because of your looks, so you took great offense.

The older you get, the more conscious you ought to be of reactions like that. Now that I'm 40, the last thing I want to do is come off as some kind of grumpy old man.

I probably would have made a joke about it, like tilting my head and winking while giving a thumbs up with one hand and pointing towards him with the other, and saying, "Heey! Alright! You're lookin' quite fabulous, yourself!" Instead of causing animosity and making people uncomfortable, it might have gotten a laugh.
Last edited by Colonel Panic_Archive on Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.