bad drum machines

i have an old roland TR 66 rhythm arranger. very unrealistic sounding. non programmable, but i like the layout of it, and it has a stop/start footswitch. and the "balance" knob cuts the bass drum out when you crank it up, and cuts the hi hat/ride out when you turn it all the way down. at 12 o clock it's the at full range.

i also have the emu drumulator which i get some good "non drum" sounds out of with a proco rat and a delay pedal. i rarely program it, mostly just play it.

i think martin rev used a maestro rhythm king, at least for a while.

bad drum machines

I have the rythum king and it is great was used on all the early synth records and sly stone. Gets nice and slow. Takes effects well. Don't see why you would buy it when you can download it.

I also have a maistro rythum sound guitar pedal from the same period that allows you to trigger the sounds from a guitar put the two togeather and live on occasion.

Lately I downloaded all the sounds from those machine from a website and make beats with Beatmaker on my iphone it sounds the same but I have trouble getting a good rumba. The sounds like rythum king, rythum ace and electro harmonics models have nice synthitic sounds that can be manipulated by sample tuneing (slowing down) to sound quite odd. There is a site I will post later which has most of them on it. Another recreates the machines with java. (drum machine museum)

If you have a iphone - ipod touch just download izotope idrum club edition it has most of the motering kraftwork sounds and nintendo. As well as some real drums if you should so want. $5.

Martin R had a external rythum machine for most of early sucide. It is unclear which one and he does not say on the record which one it was. Farfisa don't usally come with rythum machines.

If you want a band that sounds like a drum machine but wasen't Neu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neu!

bad drum machines

Steve V. wrote:
gideon wrote:I have a Roland 707. The sounds on it are amazing. I have read the manual about 15 times, and I still don't know how to program it. However it makes a great sound module.

What exactly is your programming problem? I use it as my main drum machine, so I can probably give you some advice should you want it.

I would like that! Message me some time.