Speaker cabinet for a Klemt Echolette M80

Hello,
I just got a Klemt Echolette M80 full tube-amp from the 60s.
It has two speaker outputs with a switch for 5 Ohm and 20 Ohm.
At the moment I'm playing it with a friend's Marshall 1960 4x12 cabinet connected to the 4 Ohm input and the switch on the Echolette put on 5 Ohm. It works really well and the sound is cool.
Now I want an own 4x12 cabinet for it. Do you think it works with a 16 Ohm cabinet as well (the switch put on 20Ohm)? There are not many 4 Ohm cabinets out there any more. And what about an 8 Ohm cabinet like the new Fender SuperSonic?
The Marshall website says every full tube amp must work together with a fitting cabinet having the exact same number of Ohm.
Maybe someone can give me some hints.

winnebago wrote:The M80 has a really nice creamy distorted sound. Though it doesn't get distorted as easy as the M40. But it had more low end as I tested both of them at the local guitar shop. But it's not easy to get tubes for the M80... Has really special ones. Maybe someone knows where to buy them at a fair price?
It's the EL503.
So I'm going to get a cool cabinet for it now! :D

Here's one possible solution, though it requires modification to use other, more common tubes. Bear in mind though, the voltages in your amp may possibly exceed the specs of some of the smaller, low profile tubes that will fit in compact German amps like Dynacords, and probably your Klemt as well.

This being said, if you look around the guy's website you'll notice that he's probably one of the more knowledgeable techs.
"Fuck compose, Fuck melody, Dedicated to no one, Thanks to no one, ART IS OVER".
-Juntaro Yamanouchi

winnebago wrote:The M80 has a really nice creamy distorted sound. Though it doesn't get distorted as easy as the M40. But it had more low end as I tested both of them at the local guitar shop. But it's not easy to get tubes for the M80... Has really special ones. Maybe someone knows where to buy them at a fair price?
It's the EL503.
So I'm going to get a cool cabinet for it now! :D

I'm sure you've seen this already:
http://el-me-se.de/pdf_files/M80.pdf
The lower part about the EL503 is of interest. The ecc808 is a bit easier to get and not that expensive. Just stock up a few while they are available. I could have bought an M80 too but went with the M40 because it has standard tubes and the earlier ones are completely handwired. Though I'm sure the M80 kicks. Have fun with it.