How easy is it to drive from New York to Chicago?

Mandroid2.0 wrote:It's about 800 miles and I'd say it takes about 12 hours, not counting stopping for fuel and food.

I have done NYC to Ann Arbor, and back. Each way was about 10 hours and we were flying. I would guess NYC to Chicago has got to be at least another 2 hours at least, not accounting for traffic in Cleveland. I did Boston to Ann Arbor in about 13 hours.

f you had a reasonably fuel efficient car, you could probably get there and back for about $300 - $350 in gas. (Three $50 fillups each way)

How easy is it to drive from New York to Chicago?

It takes a full day where you're not doing anything but driving. You can rent a cheap car from some place like Enterprise for something like $70 a day with unlimited mileage and someone above figured out the gas. So it'll be cheaper.

It depends upon how long you're going to be here and whether or not you mind missing a day (or two, if you're planning on driving back) of your trip. If you're going to be here for three weeks, you may not mind taking a day and spending it doing something other than visiting. If you're only going to be here for 10 days, though, you might not want to spend 10% of it in a car seeing US Interstates.

= Justin