Rhys Chatham + Manuel G ¶ttsching in NYC, August 15th

ah - yr a tenor. i saw the two beans in the tenor section - you must be the one with the 500 and hello kitty strap. i was drooling over it while you were on break yesterday.

sweet - section one is the aluminum neck section. i'm using my kramer dmz, fuck - now i feel like i should at least bring the 450. just don't feel like restringing again.

but yeah, i think section 1 is the "Rocker" section.

i have to say - i had asked to play bass and was a bit diappointed when i found out i'd be playing guitar...but i'm glad i didn't have to lug an svt w/ 8x10 up there last night. that would have sucked. i'm happy to use my crappy little fender combo amp.

-joshua...

burun wrote:There's at least three Travis Bean players in this.

In the Tenor section there's two of us.

I counted more Jazzmaster/Jaguars and Telecasters than anything else downstairs where i was rehearsing.

I can't wait to plug in today.

true. i think the altos get the shaft. what we're doing seems to be mostly syncopated rhythms...providing a pulse underneath everything else, while i think the sopranos sort of take the lead.

-joshua...

[quote="gheorge77"]I am in Soprano 1A Section 1. I hate myself for bringing my huge Fender stack but at least it sounds awesome. Quite an experience practicing in a huge church. I guess I am thankful I am a jew because I felt bad after everytime I cursed in the church.

Also, someone from one of the tenor sections came up to watch the end of the soprano practice and said our section was the "Angelic" section because the tenor parts were much darker and heavier.

i'm joking btw. i couldn't be more thrilled to be doing this.

-j...

helenforsdale wrote:true. i think the altos get the shaft. what we're doing seems to be mostly syncopated rhythms...providing a pulse underneath everything else, while i think the sopranos sort of take the lead.

-joshua...

gheorge77 wrote:I am in Soprano 1A Section 1. I hate myself for bringing my huge Fender stack but at least it sounds awesome. Quite an experience practicing in a huge church. I guess I am thankful I am a jew because I felt bad after everytime I cursed in the church.

Also, someone from one of the tenor sections came up to watch the end of the soprano practice and said our section was the "Angelic" section because the tenor parts were much darker and heavier.