Canada s Olympics Effort

Keeping the smirks and smugness aside EAr'S;
Is this indicative of the World-view on Canada's pacifist ideal(ie. no winning/fighting spirit, or no spirit at all)l...or is it simply an indication that preparation and coordination of our athletes was not good enough. I personally feel a sense of pride knowing that trying to be the 'best in the world ' is not something most Canadians care about.
We have 0 medals.

Canada s Olympics Effort

You'd think that out of all the athletes competing for Canada, there would have at least been one fluke...
there are 250 medals (approx.) already won.
The only thing I care for in the Winters is Hockey...and I actually think we`ll have stiffer competition then, as most of the new and bona-fide superstar rookies (in 2 years they will be our Olympic superstars)
...are American or russian...

Canada s Olympics Effort

Actress wrote:Keeping the smirks and smugness aside EAr'S;
Is this indicative of the World-view on Canada's pacifist ideal(ie. no winning/fighting spirit, or no spirit at all)l...or is it simply an indication that preparation and coordination of our athletes was not good enough. I personally feel a sense of pride knowing that trying to be the 'best in the world ' is not something most Canadians care about.
We have 0 medals.

If I am supposed to take your question seriously, then I must assume the latter. It's silly for anyone to assume an entire group of people are all one way. Fucking silly generalizations.
As far as you having pride in not trying to be the best at something... well that seems like a contradiction. Pride is bullshit. Achievement is it's own reward. Fuck the olympics.