TRAYNORetcALERT- The " Look What s on Ebay" Thread

scott wrote:
sick.bird wrote:Traynor TS-120B with BIN $110.

That is a fricken *DEAL*. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I didn't already have one.

I'd get this, but the poster insists on good feedback
I haven't purchased anything from Ebay for a long long time.
I'd probably have to create a whole new account its been so long
and I forget username/password/email i used to set it up

ah well.
scott wrote:It was fun. We laughed, we cried, most of us shit ourselves as far as I know. What a world.

Snowblinder wrote:Should I go for it anyway? What can the TS-120B offer me that I can't already achieve with my Rusty Box and power amp setup?

The biggest difference is probably just the graphic EQ, that and the fact that your power amp can be much higher than 140W if you want. The Traynor is pretty light for how powerful it is.

I haven't heard the Rusty Box yet, but I'm assuming Mr Milf copied the premise behind the TS series preamp effectively, so they probably have mostly similar sounds.

I would like a Rusty Box someday.
"The bastards have landed"

www.myspace.com/thechromerobes - now has a couple songs from the new album

matt_stevens wrote:I don't know if it's still there, but if anyone's around Ithaca NY there was a 70s silverface Super Reverb in McNeils Music for $400 a couple of weeks ago. Seems like a steal. A couple of the pots were a bit scratchy, but otherwise it played alright. If I'd had the money and didn't have to get on a plane to England the next day I'd have leapt on it!

That is definitely a deal. I happily paid $350 for one about 20 years ago.
"You get a kink in your neck looking up at people or down at people. But when you look straight across, there's no kinks."
--Mike Watt