MX-80

CRAP
Total votes: 1 (3%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 29 (97%)
Total votes: 30

Band: MX-80

I just received 4 MX-80 CDs/albums which I had ordered off their website & strangely, all of them are just plain burnt CD-Rs, with the album name hand written on the surface. :smt102. For all you know, they could have been burnt from downloaded mp3s. Certainly not the best DIY pack that I have seen, but they created some of the greatest guitar music that I have ever heard, so fuck me & my CD package rants ....but still..the packaging could have been better.

An easy Not Crap & I just wish that "Crushed Ice" was not so brilliant. I could have saved the 'hearing time', that I have invested in it to do other things.
Lonesome Bulldog wrote:As long as elites are in the minority, minorities will stay in the majority of the poor.

I also came to this band through Subterranian Modern. For months on end I only listened to MX-80 Sound and Tuxedomoon. All in all, not a terrible way to live.

As time went on however, the MX-80 vocals started to wear on me. Still...
Robert Anton Wilson wrote:The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental

fancyjamtime wrote:I also came to this band through Subterranian Modern. For months on end I only listened to MX-80 Sound and Tuxedomoon. All in all, not a terrible way to live.

As time went on however, the MX-80 vocals started to wear on me. Still...

I don't find the vocals annoying but it could be that my senses have been permanently numbed by repeated exposure to Television's music whenever Tom Verlaine opens his mouth.
Lonesome Bulldog wrote:As long as elites are in the minority, minorities will stay in the majority of the poor.