How would you would break the ice with a blind woman?

For those of you who are really just dying to know, I was about to perform said ice-breaking today when I saw her...
Just as she was getting on a bus.

And there I was walking home from work with my Tears for Fears cassette ready to go, all prepared to tell her to smell how much money I have in case I couldn't get her out of her racist clothes.
This is going to get worse before it gets any better.

Charlie D wrote:
juice wrote:Get a friend to go up to her and ask if she's interested in a blind date with his friend.

I hear blind dates are pretty good icebreakers.

You punster, you!

I was just surprised nobody pulled it out 5 pages in.

Just go up, ask her if she likes punk rock, then (assuming yes) ask her about a couple of bands (trying to get out some form of answer other than "i've never heard of/listened to them" (although keep those in mind too) then ask her to go out for a drink sometime (bringing music with you...)

No offense, but I really think sleepkid covered it best on page one, actually. Your advice does echo the serious advice I've gotten here, though, and I appreciate it.

I just got a little wound up because of the "Wow, blind! How do I go about asking her out?" thing is foreign to me, which I imagine it is to probably a number of forum members. Now I know I should just ask her out like I would ask anybody out.

Anymore I just keep up on the jokes about the situation because a) it's all in good humor and nobody here really means anything shitty and b) I started a thread about asking a girl out and that's just asking to catch shit.

Alright, here's what happened ten minutes ago.
I hung out at her bus stop for about twenty minutes until I saw her and her friend coming, and I got up and started walking like it weren't no thing. I cross the street and say, "Hi," to which I get a mumbled, "H-". OK, I'll keep walking.
I get about ten paces by and I figure, "Fuck it," and walk back.
"Excuse me," I said.
"Yeah?" she asked.
"Who's that?" her friend wants to know.
"The guy who just said 'Hi' to us."
"Well, what's he want?"
"Well," I said, " I was just wondering if she, well, you [turning my attention to her] would like to maybe grab a cup of coffee."
She says, "Are you serious?"
"Yeah," I said, trying to keep from letting my sudden mortification shine through, "I live about two blocks down there and there's a Starbucks at the other end of the block and I've seen you around before and I was just wondering if maybe you were free to grab a cup of coffee."
"Well," she says, "we have apartment inspection today, that's why we got out of class early."
"Could I ask you some other time?"
"Yeah."
"Cool, when are you going to be around next?"
"I'll be around tomorrow."
"OK, so I'll talk to you tomorrow then."
"OK."

There. There you go. There's the update.