Snatch a shameful record from your former self...

This one requires some explanation. I was a huge Soul Asylum fan up to "...and the Horse They Rode In On". When "Grave Dancer's Union" came out, I understood the error of my ways. Everything that came after was worse than dire.

When their bass player died and Tommy Stinson joined the band, I thought that there might be hope. Reports came in that the new album was on par with their Twin/Tone stuff. I fucking pre-ordered the album...

"Stand Up and Be Strong". Popped the CD in my car, listened to about 30 seconds of that piece of shit then flung it out the window. So, yeah, recently even, I've owned "The Silver Lining" by Soul Asylum.

Dr Venkman, please put your fathers cock back in your mouth...
Robert Anton Wilson wrote:The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental

I've wondered for awhile what the fuck is wrong with this album cover? It's got to be something simple I'm missing, but it looks fucked up. Were they competing in a contest about how to mimic an uncircumsised penis on a commercially released album cover? Is it a straitjacket made of epidermis? You decide.

Either way, FUCK Disturbed. No, I'm not down with the sickness.
http://www.myspace.com/avastmusics = My acoustic songwriting.
Marsupialized wrote:A male playing an acoustic guitar.

Come on.

fancyjamtime wrote:

This one requires some explanation. I was a huge Soul Asylum fan up to "...and the Horse They Rode In On". When "Grave Dancer's Union" came out, I understood the error of my ways. Everything that came after was worse than dire.

When their bass player died and Tommy Stinson joined the band, I thought that there might be hope. Reports came in that the new album was on par with their Twin/Tone stuff. I fucking pre-ordered the album...

"Stand Up and Be Strong". Popped the CD in my car, listened to about 30 seconds of that piece of shit then flung it out the window. So, yeah, recently even, I've owned "The Silver Lining" by Soul Asylum.

Dr Venkman, please put your fathers cock back in your mouth...

I don't think there's really any explanation needed. Just about every friend I know who loved Soul Asylum up until Grave Dancer's Union felt the exact same way.

They also got there hopes up on the new record. Lots of fans hopes were stomped on.

However, they are still a pretty awesome live band.

My brother also pointed out they should be pretty close to being eligible for the rock and roll hall of fame. Scary.

In my early teens, I listened to so much steaming shit. For example:

Or:

But after lengthy reflection I think the very worst and most utterly shameful was:

I should have known better at 13 years old.

There is one worse album than this that I owned and listened to at the ripe old age of 17, bought due to a "Drugs Accident" (it sounded good when I was really fucking stoned, ok?). I've mentioned it once on this forum, but it is so bad that I refuse to do so again. Ask Rimbaud III, he might remember (I seem to recall him being horrified at the time).
Rick Reuben wrote:
daniel robert chapman wrote:I think he's gone to bed, Rick.
He went to bed about a decade ago, or whenever he sold his soul to the bankers and the elites.

simmo wrote:There is one worse album than this that I owned and listened to at the ripe old age of 17, bought due to a "Drugs Accident" (it sounded good when I was really fucking stoned, ok?). I've mentioned it once on this forum, but it is so bad that I refuse to do so again. Ask Rimbaud III, he might remember (I seem to recall him being horrified at the time).

Hahahahahahah!

I reckon there are a couple of people on this forum that own that record.

Major, how many of those do you still own? And more importantly, which ones get you the most amount of grannysnatch?
Stockhausen!