Your favorite albums that, objectively, are total disasters

FuzzBob wrote:Lately I've been getting into a few Paul Westerberg tracks from Stereo forward. ALL of those albums are ramshackle disasters and make no bones about it. There's plenty of gold to mine if you listen with "GBV ears," though, and "Crackle and Drag" is probably his best solo tune aside from "Waiting for Somebody."

This reminded me that the Westerberg/Grandpaboy records totally fall into this category. "Crackle and Drag" is an amazing song but, I think "Lush and Green" is every bit it's equal.

Flaneur wrote:Pere Ubu: Song of the Bailing Man, which I bought when I was around 13 after reading the lyrics on the back cover.

I heard this album once. It sounded like Anton Fier had taken over the band. Was that a correct impression?
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

LBx wrote:
Mr. Chimp wrote:Land Speed Record by the Husker Du

seconded.

The Dead C can be a bit of a mind fuck for those who do not know what they are in for.

pretty much every Heavy Winged release and rerelease.

Mainliner Mainliner Sonic

Magik Markers cdr's, which are always hit and miss, have this 'quality' to them.

yea except magick markers are like 1/1000th of dead c in ability and execution. thats like highschool level improv poetry and drum circle shit.

also i just want to say, even though sewer zombies is funny, i also kinda take it serious. not just a joke to me..

cc wrote:magick markers are like 1/1000th of dead c in ability and execution. thats like highschool level improv poetry and drum circle shit.

could be.

i can't really say they're one of my favourites. everything seems to have these really great moments surrounded but mediocrity. the Castel Franco Veneto/Zagreb Super Report CDr is pretty good though. has some versions of stuff from Boss on it. Boss could have been soooo much better...

p.s. welcome to the PRF