What s the worst cover ever recorded?

jlamour wrote:
Johnny C wrote:And the Slayer version comes off as better because it's at least honestly and openly racist?
Whoa, dude, I don't know about that. I did say I liked the line out of the context of the song. I like the slayer version better, well I like slayer better. Are they an openly racist band?

Their lead singer/bassist Tomás Enrique Araya was born in Chile. So he gets some kinda irony points if he talks about being white. Unless white and hispanic are interchangeable in a racist song? It gets pretty confusing.

I personally don't think they're legitimately *anything* that they're selling to you with their lyrics and subjects and whatnot. I've seen video footage of them talking about it, how Rick Reuben (the real guy) was the one pushing them to work the Satan or Nazi angles or something, cause it was good for business. If I remember right, there's some footage of them talking about it in some documentary about Satanism in metal music.

I wouldn't believe anything out of those guys' mouths, during a song or not. Sneaky folk, those Slayer guys.
"The bastards have landed"

www.myspace.com/thechromerobes - now has a couple songs from the new album

What s the worst cover ever recorded?

Your Cap'n Speakin' wrote:
SecondEdition wrote:Anything from David Bowie's "Pin-Ups" cover album. Fuck-awful.

I TOTALLY disagree! "Sorrow" is quite good, as is "Shapes of Things". He actually tries to respect the originals while giving them that Ziggy/Alladin era spin.

I like this album as well.

I like the glammed up version of "See Emily Play"
Available in hit crimson or surprising process this calculator will physics up your kitchen