what the fuck are these goddamn bugs in my apartment?

Marsupialized wrote:I think maybe why you get them is the 25 or so animal carcasses littered throughout your apartment.

Fuck, I wish I had 25 pieces of taxidermy. Anyone gets a lead on something dead, white and fuzzy let me know. I did just get a lovely deer hide as a gift.
I think my problem is related to my housemate's banana collection, see.
H-GM wrote:Still don't make you mexican, Dances With Burros.

They're called drain flies (or sometimes moth flies - super weak bodies, the lightest touch crushes them.)

You can read more about them here or here

They live everywhere. Had them in Japan. Cleaning out the trap in the bathroom sink and then cleaning it with bleach helped. Fly paper above the sink also got most of them.

They start out in the drain, but once they're adults they'll fly all around your apartment (they are terrible at flying though - in an amusing sort of way).
Last edited by sleepkid_Archive on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

itchy mcgoo wrote:
Marsupialized wrote:I think maybe why you get them is the 25 or so animal carcasses littered throughout your apartment.

Fuck, I wish I had 25 pieces of taxidermy. Anyone gets a lead on something dead, white and fuzzy let me know. I did just get a lovely deer hide as a gift.
I think my problem is related to my housemate's banana collection, see.

Itchy, some good friends of mine have just gone into the taxidermy business. I am serious, just opened up shop down on the south side. Real solid people, some of my oldest friends.
Rick Reuben wrote:Marsupialized reminds me of freedom

Marsupialized wrote:
jurgis rudkus wrote:I have no bugs at home, nor here at work, but thanks to this thread I feel them ALL OVER ME and it's driving me insane.

THANK YOU.

Oh yeah? You wanna REALLY freak out about bugs being on you? Click that link right there. I dare you.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8d5_1219029078

Good lord... I got a bit queasy just at the 'gateway' page... Did not check out the video.

Actually, I think the idea of gnats doesn't bother me anymore, after the maggotry.

Cured!
Acura Commercial wrote:Sometimes, luxury needs to howl at the moon.

jurgis rudkus wrote:
Marsupialized wrote:
jurgis rudkus wrote:I have no bugs at home, nor here at work, but thanks to this thread I feel them ALL OVER ME and it's driving me insane.

THANK YOU.

Oh yeah? You wanna REALLY freak out about bugs being on you? Click that link right there. I dare you.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8d5_1219029078

Good lord... I got a bit queasy just at the 'gateway' page... Did not check out the video.

Actually, I think the idea of gnats doesn't bother me anymore, after the maggotry.

Cured!

Is it the most disturbing thing I have ever seen, I have gotten the shivers from it popping into my head at least 5 times a day since I saw it.
I really wish I had never seen it.
Rick Reuben wrote:Marsupialized reminds me of freedom