Favorite Sendoff Albums

Tripping Daisy - s/t

It's for sale on Amazon for FIFTY BUCKS for a reason (besides it being OOP).

This album is awesome. It has tiny bits and pieces of what would later show up on Polyphonic Spree records, but none of that annoying shit I can't stand about the Spree is on here. Wesley Berggen's old man arrived and helped finished the songs that weren't complete yet, and also created the great intro at the beginning of "Soothing Jubilee."
Dr. McNinja wrote:I just surfed a robo dracula from the Moon, so all y'alls can just take it.

Favorite Sendoff Albums

The Mayor said:
My own entry here has to be 'Crash' by GI. It isn't quite as good as 'You', the preceding album, but that's part of why it's a great sendoff album. It's the sound of a band stepping down after having reached their pinnacle.

I agree and feel, similarly, that Swansong was "well inferior" to Heartwork. Had Carcass continued any longer they would have been sucked towards suckdom.

Bastro's Sing the Troubled Beast is another one, Antlers notwithstanding.
Thin White Rope's final studio album The Ruby Sea and The One That Got Away live album occupy a similar place in my mind.

I second Big Black, Tar and Death as having released good final albums.

In Utero was a good one to go out on.

The Byrds are another case entirely, they should have quit after they released Sweetheart of the Rodeo.