Little details from your day

enframed wrote:
Allan Sims wrote:Ice Nine is the name of the Grateful Dead's publishing company.

I guess it's just a huge coincidence that you have the "IceNine Catalog" next to some Dead-related document, eh? Hmm.

well, i'll be...i truly had no idea.

this ice9 catalog is from a surfboard blank manufacturer.

http://www.ice-ninefoamworks.com/

All taken from the Vonnegut novel Cat's Cradle. Satriani titled maybe his wankiest song ever (and that's saying something) "Ice Nine".
You had me at Sex Traction Aunts Getting Vodka-Rogered On Glass Furniture

pwalshj wrote:
dontfeartheringo wrote:Today, I was pulling a speaker out of a 4X12" cabinet to determine what I had mounted in it. It is a Fender Utah speaker. It needs to be reconed.

I can tell you this about vintage Fender Utah speakers: when you drop one on a Fender Oxford speaker you will need to get the Oxford reconed as well because it will tear a large hole in the cone.

This is how one can spend $100 without getting anything new or fun for it.

now I am angry and sad because I don't have a nickel to spare this month.

This is karma paying me back for baiting the troll.

That sucks, Ringo. I sympathize.

yeah, karma is a big boot that comes from the sky.

It is forcing me to get serious about putting the other two Oxfords in the unloaded 2x12" Fender cab I have.

I may put the reconed Oxford and Utah in a cab together, but I don't know what cab yet. I am converting the awful pyramid cab into a more traditional flat-fronted cab. Would it be insane to convert it into a 2x12" plus 1x15"? Is there any way to make the resitances of those speakers work to 4 ohm?

Should I move this to the tech room?
Redline wrote:Not Crap. The sound of death? The sound of FUN! ScrrreeEEEEEEE

Lonesome Bulldog wrote:Aaaaaaaaah!

My orange cat is really sick. Her liver is not working and her blood is pee color! She lost a lot of weight really fast. She's staying at the vet for a couple of days but things look bad. She's only 8 or 9 years old! Me and the ladyfriend don't have kids so our animals are precious. I can't handle pet death. Please get well, Hepzibah!

Prayers, or whatever secular thing you send in their place, are going your way.

Protect all the little kitties, not just mine.

Posted some junk I found in my basement on craigslist last night. Just sold a funky Fostex reel to reel 4 track to a stoner for $50. Not sure who got the steal, but I just got a free 50.

Get Well Hepzibah!
Great Deceiver

Lonesome Bulldog wrote:Aaaaaaaaah!

My orange cat is really sick. Her liver is not working and her blood is pee color! She lost a lot of weight really fast. She's staying at the vet for a couple of days but things look bad. She's only 8 or 9 years old! Me and the ladyfriend don't have kids so our animals are precious. I can't handle pet death. Please get well, Hepzibah!

aw dang.
tocharian wrote:Cheese fries vs nonexistence. Duh.