Obama s VP.

Rick Reuben wrote:I think they're working with Gore myself.
I think the fact that 1. they're releasing the name at the end of the week and 2. not waiting for the convention (in which naming someone like Gore would really pay-off) means it's going to be someone like Kaine or Sebelius. My money's on:

1. Warner (Yeah, I know he said he wouldn't, but Marc Ambinder said that both Warner and Kaine's names were being focus-grouped in Norfolk last week and that Warner did a bajillion times better. You can say 'no' all you want, but when it comes down to the wire and the head of your party is telling you that he can only win with your name on the ballot...)

2. Kaine

3. Sebelius

4. Clark

Though I think Michael Moore is right on this one: go with Caroline, BHO.

Obama s VP.

Flaneur wrote:Interesting bit from Mike Allen (Politico):
VEEPSTAKES: Obama will be introduced in Orlando by Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.) A little bird points out: OBAMANELSON.com points to BARACKOBAMA.com, the only combo we could find that does that. Could be Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.).

dare to dream:

Obama s VP.

Rick Reuben wrote:
SecondEdition wrote:No one's considering Bill Richardson for Obama's VP?
I think Bill Richardson is, definitely.

To me, it seems like the smartest choice for Obama to make. Whether you like the guy or not, Richardson has tons of foreign policy experience, made it clear he liked Obama, endorsed him at a crucial time, and plus, a lot of people just plain like him. (Such as, my mother, who wants Richardson above anyone else of the potential choices.)

Smart move.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Obama s VP.

jimmy spako wrote:
Flaneur wrote:Interesting bit from Mike Allen (Politico):
VEEPSTAKES: Obama will be introduced in Orlando by Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.) A little bird points out: OBAMANELSON.com points to BARACKOBAMA.com, the only combo we could find that does that. Could be Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.).

dare to dream:

TOKE EM IF YOU GOT EM, EVERYBODY
tocharian wrote:Cheese fries vs nonexistence. Duh.

Obama s VP.

Richardson's ok, Gore would be nice.

Powell? An all-black ticket? That would sure worry some folks...

I am more worried about this, however... Took this photo today at lunch -- have not read the Sun-Times piece yet:

Acura Commercial wrote:Sometimes, luxury needs to howl at the moon.