Econocrash 2009: How Combustible Is Mexico?

Rick Reuben wrote:
jcamanei wrote:Sorry boss, but a cokehead ain't gonna call his local 'corrupt cop' to score some shit.
You have real reading comprehension issues. Corrupt cops are integral to preservation of the supply chain.

really?
I understand.
I was trying to say that without the dealer which is usually just some fountain of cash for the cops there would be no deal. The product would never make it to the user. Let's say the 'dealer' is the sales associate and weakest link or easiest part to replace from the CIA, the money-laundering banks, the corrupt cops, and the private prison industry chain.

Rick Reuben wrote:Wow, what a surprise. NAFTA wrecking the economy on both sides of the border. Who would have thought the elites and the media would trick us like that?
ap 8-18-08 wrote: At least 43 people died in violent attacks in the last three days in the northern Mexico state of Chihuahua, the scene of ongoing drug gang turf wars, police said Monday.

Thirteen males, aged between 18 and 41, died in separate attacks on Monday, mostly in the flashpoint city of Ciudad Juarez on the US border, local police said.

Assassins killed nine people overnight Sunday in the city, following the slaying of 21 people the previous night, including 14 in a massacre at a family gathering in the western Chihuahua town of Creel.

That's some serious killing.

They are pulling damn near Chicago numbers right there!
Rick Reuben wrote:Marsupialized reminds me of freedom

Rick Reuben wrote:
losthighway wrote:This thread starts with four different issues all confused.

It's not confused, dopey. It's a post that points at warning signs of growing instability in Mexico. As in: Combustibility. Get it? Probably not.

It would seem that those "warning signs" could pretty much apply to any time period in Mexico over the past 100 or so years.

Mexico is a developing country with major problems compounded by a dominant and bullying northern neighbour , surprise, surprise.

Tom you are incredible, I suggest you start traveling, have you even even left Chicago?
Reality

Popular Mechanics Report of 9-11

NIST Investigation of the World Trade Center Disaster

For those interested in analysis instead of the usual selective babble from Tom, might I be so bold as to suggest reading The Economist's Country Briefing on Mexico

http://www.economist.com/countries/Mexico/

Outlook for 2008-09

Eighteen months into his six-year term, the president, Felipe Calderon, has just a small window of opportunity to advance a controversial energy reform before attention focuses on the 2009 mid-term election.
A high level of violence stemming from organised crime represents a serious challenge to Mexico's deficient security forces. Mr Calderon's authority will be partly dependent on his ability to achieve improvements in this area.

Rising oil revenue will facilitate a countercyclical increase in expenditure in 2008 without jeopardising the fiscal balance. However, energy reform to raise oil output will be needed to contain contingent liabilities in the longer term.

With the US in recession in the first half of 2008 under the Economist Intelligence Unit's central forecast, we expect GDP growth in Mexico to slow to 2.3% in 2008 before recovering slightly to 2.5% in 2009.

We now expect inflation to end 2008 at 4.8%, significantly higher than the 4% target ceiling. Our projection of a decline to 4% at end-2009 is vulnerable to a risk of wider contamination from food and producer price pressures.

The trade deficit will widen further in 2008-09 despite historically high oil prices, as a contraction in US import volumes hits export earnings.

Looks like business as usual Tom.

But as you once said on these boards, you can just keep slinging shit around and maybe, just maybe, you actually might be right about something... probably most likely on averages...

What next Tom, going to mention that there are problems with violence in the Favelas of Sao Paulo...?

Genius.
Reality

Rick Reuben wrote:
Gramsci wrote: The Economist's Country Briefing on Mexico
Wow. Gramsci can use Google. Wonder why he keeps missing this?

Man, look at those squibs. Dead center. That's professional demolition work.

Puffs Of Dust

Claim: As each tower collapsed, clearly visible puffs of dust and debris were ejected from the sides of the buildings. An advertisement in The New York Times for the book Painful Questions: An Analysis Of The September 11th Attack made this claim: "The concrete clouds shooting out of the buildings are not possible from a mere collapse. They do occur from explosions." Numerous conspiracy theorists cite Van Romero, an explosives expert and vice president of the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, who was quoted on 9/11 by the Albuquerque Journal as saying "there were some explosive devices inside the buildings that caused the towers to collapse." The article continues, "Romero said the collapse of the structures resembled those of controlled implosions used to demolish old structures."

FACT: Once each tower began to collapse, the weight of all the floors above the collapsed zone bore down with pulverizing force on the highest intact floor. Unable to absorb the massive energy, that floor would fail, transmitting the forces to the floor below, allowing the collapse to progress downward through the building in a chain reaction. Engineers call the process "pancaking," and it does not require an explosion to begin, according to David Biggs, a structural engineer at Ryan-Biggs Associates and a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) team that worked on the FEMA report.

Like all office buildings, the WTC towers contained a huge volume of air. As they pancaked, all that air — along with the concrete and other debris pulverized by the force of the collapse — was ejected with enormous energy. "When you have a significant portion of a floor collapsing, it's going to shoot air and concrete dust out the window," NIST lead investigator Shyam Sunder tells PM. Those clouds of dust may create the impression of a controlled demolition, Sunder adds, "but it is the floor pancaking that leads to that perception."

Demolition expert Romero regrets that his comments to the Albuquerque Journal became fodder for conspiracy theorists. "I was misquoted in saying that I thought it was explosives that brought down the building," he tells PM. "I only said that that's what it looked like."

Romero, who agrees with the scientific conclusion that fire triggered the collapses, demanded a retraction from the Journal. It was printed Sept. 22, 2001. "I felt like my scientific reputation was on the line." But emperors-clothes.com saw something else: "The paymaster of Romero's research institute is the Pentagon. Directly or indirectly, pressure was brought to bear, forcing Romero to retract his original statement." Romero responds: "Conspiracy theorists came out saying that the government got to me. That is the farthest thing from the truth. This has been an albatross around my neck for three years."
Reality