Why Are Vaccinations One Of The Few Medical Treatments That The Government Places Into The Category Of Universal Care, Often To The Point Of Intimidation?

Because Science Always Gets It Right.
Total votes: 1 (50%)
Because Government Always Gets It Right. (No votes)
Because The Media Always Gets It Right. (No votes)
Because We All Know That Good Health Comes In The Form Of A Syringe Or A Pill.
Total votes: 1 (50%)
Total votes: 2

The Link Between Shaken Baby Syndrome And Vaccines

Both my children have been vaccinated against Mumps, Measles and Rubella. The vaccine in the UK is the three in one shot. When all that crap about it being linked to autism came out everyone was worried. My wife and I discussed with our GP at length and he explained it all pretty well, he even gave us the info pack that the British Medical Council issued to all GPs. We were pretty satisfied with his explanations (His three kids had been vaccinated too). Neither of my kids suffered any negative effects.

The vaccination strategy is called Herd vaccination or something and requires something like 90% of the population to be vaccinated for it to be effective. A while after my kids were done I saw a programme showing the effects of Rubella. If you had seen that then you'd understand why it's important to vaccinate against it.
My son is 5 and my daughter is 3. I think they've been jabbed about 3 times each.
gjhardwick wrote:shut up you massive baptist

johnnyemphysema wrote:Do you have any children Ricky Bobby? I think you need to answer that question. Some vaccines are needed to get your child into daycare and school; Would you homeschool your kids?

I have a four year pumped full of autism retard drugs and he seems fine to me aside from repetitive rants when in the shower about Hot Water Baby...Charlie Babbit...Oak Street...Wapner.

Illinois universities won't let you in without proving you had all your vaccines. And if you didn't they give them to you.

Rick Reuben wrote:
Josef K wrote:The vaccination strategy is called Herd vaccination or something and requires something like 90% of the population to be vaccinated for it to be effective.
If the vaccine itself is effective as claimed, then it's effective if 20, 40, 60, or 80% take it- for those who take it. If the vaccine is effective as claimed, then one person can take it, and everyone else can not take it, and the one who does is protected- if the vaccine is effective as claimed./quote]

Isn't the idea for "herd vaccination" to isolate and eliminate pockets of the disease that still exist, in the hope that eventually the need for the vaccine will be gone, because there are no more existent pockets of the disease? Such as with smallpox? I'm not talking about existing in the lab, I mean in the world at large.

As I said above, it makes sense that there could be unintended consequences of immunization, which definitely be studied, but elimination of virulent diseases seems like a worthy goal.

I believe I've read elsewhere, that sometimes avoidance of some diseases can also bring it's own risks, although I don't remember where I read this or the exact context I read this in.

The benefits of vaccination definitely should be weighed against the risks, and then an informed decision should be made. The more information that is available regarding risks could only be a good thing in this decision.
Available in hit crimson or surprising process this calculator will physics up your kitchen