Little details from your day

Kayte wrote:
PEPPER! wrote:
Kayte wrote:Just had a great idea:
Drinking Math Club
Everybody gets together at a bar and drinks. Each person brings a difficult math problem and the group solves it together and everyone learns something!

Who's in?

I am not very advanced at math but I think it would be fun . . .

Well I got the idea from us and Col P drunkenly doing geography geometry (aka "how far is the nearest beer store")

It wouldn't have to be hard math, and we could incorporate a laptop and the internet for the problems nobody has a clue about.

( Math + Drinking ) X Group of people = ?

You could get hell of stoned and try to figure out why .9 repeating = 1.
tocharian wrote:Cheese fries vs nonexistence. Duh.

PEPPER! wrote:
Drinking Math Club
Everybody gets together at a bar and drinks. Each person brings a difficult math problem and the group solves it together and everyone learns something!

Who's in?

Sounds like the table I usually ate lunch at in high school, but with booze instead of sandwiches lovingly prepared and packaged by Asian mothers.

Maybe there'll even be a nearbly table of attractive people making fun of you and talking about sports.

Get dog costumes wrote:
PEPPER! wrote:
Drinking Math Club

Who's in?

Sounds like the table I usually ate lunch at in high school, but with booze instead of sandwiches lovingly prepared and packaged by Asian mothers.

Maybe there'll even be a nearbly table of attractive people making fun of you and talking about sports.

Things are different. Bigger but... smaller. There's computers...

Chromodynamic wrote:
Drinking Math Club

Who's in?

I would participate in this.

You'll have to start a seattle branch.

This is happening.

Edit to add: I was gonna put it on meetup.com but fuck that, it's too expensive. We will just do it through here, maybe I'll make a myspace for it.
Last edited by Kayte_Archive on Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kayte wrote:Drinking Math Club

Who's in?

I am most certainly in, except for the 18 hour drive.

Fay is bearing down on us. My parents have already lost power. Bring it on, Fay.

Jon

Walking to my room from dinner, I stubbed my toe so hard that the tip is still slightly numb 15 minutes later.

Damn, it fucking hurt like a bitch.

To make myself feel better, I have been looking at pictures of Misty May and Kerri Walsh from the back.

I feel somewhat lecherous.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.