Crap
Total votes: 5 (8%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 59 (92%)
Total votes: 64

Band: Jawbox

lemur68 wrote:
MantaRay wrote:
Christopher J. McGarvey wrote:That's what I thought.
I mainly asked because someone mentioned those guitars as a warning sign of really bad bands.

if memory serves the Dismemberment Plan played Schecter guitars.

just sayin'

I always saw Travis with a Music Man; I don't remember what Jason played.

Jason played Schecters, back before they were widely distributed. I believe that he had some sort of spokesperson-type deal with them at one point but I could be remembering incorrectly.

I own a Schecter semi-hollow body (pictured below) and it is most definitely NOT CRAP, even though I rarely play guitar these days. They're nice guitars if you veer clear of the cheesy-looking novelty ones with camo paint jobs, naked lady inlays, etc.

Last edited by Mandroid20_Archive on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."

-Gustave Flaubert

Band: Jawbox

Schecter for a while made a Mustang-looking guitar that looked quite nifty. In fact, I wouldn't mind strapping on one of Schecter's less metal-looking guitars at all. Their Tele Custom copy looks like very good quality, and they have one that looks like a very obvious Rickenbacker copy (at least the style, anyway).

Didn't Jay also use a Fender Jaguar with humbuckers? He at least used that in the video for "Mirrorful".

Oh, and Jawbox: Not Crap. Negative Waffles. Amazing, amazing band.

Band: Jawbox Jawbox

Mandroid2.0 wrote:Jason played Schecters, back before they were widely distributed.

?

Schecters were the 80s session man's/AOR guitar-slinger's choice in fairly major way. They were mass marketing them from the early-to-mid 80s.

Yngwie Malmsteen had an endorsement deal with 'em!

Just sayin'.
I walk these streets, a loaded six-string on my back.

Band: Jawbox Jawbox

areopagite wrote:appears i'm the only crap vote. i tried and tried to get into them, but they were just boring as hell. that one song, savory, rules. i also saw them live once and they were great.
That one song, "Savory," is all I know of Jawbox. It is VERY not crap, but I can't vote on that one song alone, so I'll abstain for now.