what're you buyin', what's on its way?

scott wrote:I've got an amp on the way, looking forward to that.More importantly, I've been back and forth a couple times with Kevin about the details for a new guitar/baritone (sorta in-between). Everything's pretty much squared away, just need a couple measurements worked out. Will be dropping a check in the mail today. Very much looking forward to its completion, though I think it'll be quite a while still.

What are your plans for strings/tuning?
iembalm wrote:Can I just point out, Rick, that this rant is in a thread about a cartoon?

what're you buyin', what's on its way?

FuzzBob wrote:What are your plans for strings/tuning?

Explorer-style body, 27.5" scale, 10 strings, like a 5 string guitar but in the style of a 12 string, each string paired and tuned either unison or octave, depending on the string, 3 pickups (hum/P90/hum) with coil splitting and phasing switches for each of the humbuckers, an "A" set of three volume knobs (one per pickup) and a "B" set, with a toggle switch to select between "A" and "B" settings. That A/B thing is something I came up with a couple years back and have on my Gibson Explorer. It'll be tuned (lowest to highest) C-F-Bb-Eb-Ab which is almost like my current Explorer, but with a scale length that better supports it.

Only detail that's not worked out yet is a muting system that can mute the companion strings and make it act like a 5-string. I've got an idea for how it'd function, but haven't put together a drawing to see if Kevin thinks it's sensible.
"The bastards have landed"

www.myspace.com/thechromerobes - now has a couple songs from the new album