Moderator: Greg

UFC

Crap
Total votes: 13 (76%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 4 (24%)
Total votes: 17

UFC UFC

trompuss wrote:He's been training a couple years and he is so fuck all huge, I don't see how anyone can stop him.

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, and like many, I'm at a loss as to how to assess the odds on this fight, but can plainly see at least two or three ways Randy Couture could beat him tomorrow night.

I'm pretty sure that however it goes down, this is going to be a really, really good fight.

UFC UFC

SecondEdition wrote:Doesn't anyone else think this is just a tad homoerotic?Anyway, the real reason for it being crap is that it feels stupid whenever I see it - like it's just a bunch of jocks trying out their Bruce Lee fetishes on each other.

The reality show is more than just a tad homoerotic. Very jocky and frat-like. Featured pranks on the current show had one guy pissing in a fruit bowl that others ate and another guy jerking off onto someone else's sushi which was eaten as well.

I have to confess. I kind of like watching the fighting because I did judo in when I was in high school so I actually kind of understand some of the more nuanced(if you will)stuff that's going on. It's pretty barbaric and I file it under guilty pleasure alongside NFL football.

My best friend from high school is featured on one of the early UFC dvds getting his nose broken in his second and last fight. I like the guy but he was kind of a psycho asshole who just enjoyed beating people up especially bigger/supposedly tougher guys. I saw him beat the shit out of two Hells Angels when he was 15. I'll bet his mindset is typical.

UFC UFC

Marsupialized wrote:So I just saw a commercial and Brock Lesnar is in the UFC now?!That I might wanna see. The dudes a fucking monster.

Yes. He's had 2 fights I think. He beat the fucking shit out of a guy a few months ago who was a top ranked heavyweight, therefore tomorrow night he is fighting Randy "The Natural" Couture for the heavyweight title. Lesnar can actually fight like mad. He's been training a couple years and he is so fuck all huge, I don't see how anyone can stop him.
http://myspace.com/sadlikecrazy

UFC UFC

Don't get me wrong, I think Randy is great. And I could give a shit about Brock Lesnar. It's just the obvious thing though, Randy is a very small heavyweight (he spent most of his career at light-heavyweight) and Brock is the posterboy for why there should be a super-heavyweight division. Did anyone see him run over Heath Herring? Randy is one of the best wrestlers in the ufc but unless Lesnar makes a really big mistake and Randy exploits it and finishes it quickly, I'm thinking he is in for a long, rough night. Or a short rough night.
http://myspace.com/sadlikecrazy

UFC UFC

I'll give this a Not Crap although I never was a fan of UFC impaticular.

I liked "Pride" a lot when it was around. It wasn't marketed to college white kids, drunk assholes and potential marines (I know these three kinds of people are synonymous) like UFC is.

Apparently every white, 21 year old, suburban, dirtbike rider from Southern California is "Training" to be a professional fighter.

There's gotta be at least 30 warehouses in the suburban neighborhood were I used to live dedicated to "training".

Kids no longer have dreams of being anything but a professional fighter nowadays in Southern California.

Shit's lame.

Not Crap because there are PFC fighters in UFC now.
lemur68 wrote:Why would you be where a jam band is playing in the first place?

UFC UFC

In the last several years, I have watched the UFC evolve. In the beginning, it was ridiculous. But in a short time, with sanctions and the like, a serious tone has replaced the formal spectacle. Sure there are still a lot of chumps...but fighters (and there are still very few) like Anderson Silva personify the beauty of this sport.

It's still new, but I see MMA as a replacement for boxing.

Joe Rogan is not a douche. Yes, he has all of the superficial qualifications for being a douche, but he actually knows what he is talking about and I have learned a lot from his commentary.

I look forward to the future of MMA and the UFC. Hopefully, the UFC will continue to evolve. There is a lot of room for more subsistence to this sport.