what're you buyin', what's on its way?

I've got an amp on the way, looking forward to that.

More importantly, I've been back and forth a couple times with Kevin about the details for a new guitar/baritone (sorta in-between). Everything's pretty much squared away, just need a couple measurements worked out. Will be dropping a check in the mail today. Very much looking forward to its completion, though I think it'll be quite a while still.
"The bastards have landed"

www.myspace.com/thechromerobes - now has a couple songs from the new album

I edited it to fix the tuning, which I wrote wrong... It's basically like a C-C tuning, but the highest string is a 4th higher than the second highest. None of that 4-fret gap like a guitar has between the 2nd and 3rd strings. So chord shapes are the same everywhere. Maybe it's more like the lowest five strings of a 7-string guitar.

I'm sure I'll mess around with alternate tunings at some point, too.

Forgot to mention... all-aluminum neck and body, and everything black except the fret wire.
"The bastards have landed"

www.myspace.com/thechromerobes - now has a couple songs from the new album

scott wrote:FuzzBob wrote:What are your plans for strings/tuning?Explorer-style body, 27.5" scale, 10 strings, like a 5 string guitar but in the style of a 12 string, each string paired and tuned either unison or octave, depending on the string, 3 pickups (hum/P90/hum) with coil splitting and phasing switches for each of the humbuckers, an "A" set of three volume knobs (one per pickup) and a "B" set, with a toggle switch to select between "A" and "B" settings. That A/B thing is something I came up with a couple years back and have on my Gibson Explorer. It'll be tuned (lowest to highest) C-F-Ab-Db-Gb which is almost like my current Explorer, but with a scale length that better supports it.Only detail that's not worked out yet is a muting system that can mute the companion strings and make it act like a 5-string. I've got an idea for how it'd function, but haven't put together a drawing to see if Kevin thinks it's sensible.

Wow. That's going to be really, really cool. Great ideas.

Went to a certain pawnshop on a whim today and they had an early-nineties black Jazz Bass (Mexican) for $300, and a mint, black single-cut Dani Baritone, also for three hundred. I put a deposit on both and, pending the successful sale of my Univox tonite, I'll have two new instruments tomorrow.
Marsupialized wrote:The last time I saw her, she had some Jewish bullshit going on

ubercat wrote:You're fucking cock-tease aren't you, you little minx.

scott wrote:I edited it to fix the tuning, which I wrote wrong... It's basically like a C-C tuning, but the highest string is a 4th higher than the second highest. None of that 4-fret gap like a guitar has between the 2nd and 3rd strings. So chord shapes are the same everywhere. Maybe it's more like the lowest five strings of a 7-string guitar.I'm sure I'll mess around with alternate tunings at some point, too.Forgot to mention... all-aluminum neck and body, and everything black except the fret wire.make sure you play that thru your rusty box, and not mine.
buy my guitar. now with pictures!