Albums recorded in a day at EA?

yup - i play in a band that tracked 10 songs in 2 days with Steve in studio B. (we mixed elsewhere). Drums, bass, 2 guitars and vocals. Tracked instruments live, recorded vocals later. As long as you have your shit together going in, shouldn't be a problem. Steve is an ideal engineer for this situation - he'll keep everything running smoothly, and he quickly understands what your band is capable of (and won't let you chase a stupid drum fill take after take that probably shouldn't be in the song anyway). Wanna do backup vocals? why the fuck would you wanna do that? you get the picture.I think i've heard him say that he prefers to do quick sessions in studio B (rather than A) - can't recall his reasoning, but i'm sure he'd elaborate for you.Good luck!

Piccoman2 wrote:I know from speaking with them that "The Conformists" from St. Louis did their new 30 minute full length in 2 days including mixing.I've recorded twice at EA before. We perfer to give two days to track, two days to mix. Steve is about the best there is at working fast in my opinion. It can be done... This is accurate. We had our songs locked in and were prepared for 3 days. The other guys got their parts on tape efficiently and I did my best to nail my parts. I feel that we let steve work at his own pace and he did a fantastic job. It can be done.

buzzsaw wrote:Piccoman2 wrote:I know from speaking with them that "The Conformists" from St. Louis did their new 30 minute full length in 2 days including mixing.I've recorded twice at EA before. We perfer to give two days to track, two days to mix. Steve is about the best there is at working fast in my opinion. It can be done... This is accurate. We had our songs locked in and were prepared for 3 days. The other guys got their parts on tape efficiently and I did my best to nail my parts. I feel that we let steve work at his own pace and he did a fantastic job. It can be done.BTW, can't wait to hear that thing. Maybe we should do a short tour once the records come out?

I recorded live to 2-track some song(s) on Oxbow's - Love That's Last: A Wholly Hypnographic and Disturbing Work Regarding Oxbow. We recorded about 30 minutes of music. I don't know where it all ended up.and a full length for a band called ...of Death in studio A.I'll try to use my brain to remember more bands.
Greg Norman FG

kerble wrote:joseghast wrote:The two last albums by catalonian band 12Twelve were recorded at Electrical, and if I remember correctly they did it in two or three days. More info here.I'm fairly certain they took longer than that. 12Twelve stayed with me in 2003 when they were recording Speritismo, and were at my house for a week and then at Electrical recording for a week (5-6 days?). it's been a while, but i think that's correct. L'Univers was more of the same. about 5-6 days. great great band, though. those records are phenomenal.Never heard these guys before. Fucking great shit.

joseghast wrote:The two last albums by catalonian band 12Twelve were recorded at Electrical, and if I remember correctly they did it in two or three days. More info here.I'm fairly certain they took longer than that. 12Twelve stayed with me in 2003 when they were recording Speritismo, and were at my house for a week and then at Electrical recording for a week (5-6 days?). it's been a while, but i think that's correct. L'Univers was more of the same. about 5-6 days. great great band, though. those records are phenomenal.
kerble is right.