Cymbals

I am looking into getting some cymbals but don't want to spend a fortune on them. I am staying away from cymbal packs but would like some recommendations. I have been searching the craigslist and have come across this, which seems like a good deal. I don't have a lot of knowledge on equipment and am looking to get a good deal
I share, therefore you are

Cymbals

Ruy Lopez wrote:I've never really felt comfortable ordering a cymbal I have not heard in person. There are variances between cymbals of the same model, sometimes slight and sometimes major.http://mycymbal.com/my 15 hats came off this site - i casually posted the youtube vid of a set i had a boner for to my facebook page and promptly forgot about them. 4 months later they showed up for christmas. that's why i married that girl.i swear every post i make about drums revolves around either bosphorus cymbals ruling, or memphis drum shop being the best drum shop in the country.
post honeymoon | bang! bang! | new black

Cymbals

nick92675 wrote:memphis drum shop being the best drum shop in the country.Eeeyep.And I can say without a doubt that Nick knows good-sounding cymbals.I can also say that I just got hip to the new Giant Beats and Holy CRAP! I walked into Chuck Levin's in DC a few weeks ago and walked out with a new ride cymbal and hi hats, neither of which I really expected to buy. Especially not the hats. I just played them out of curiosity. I now know not to do that at Chuck Levin's.Chris GargesCharlotte, NC

Cymbals

cgarges wrote:nick92675 wrote:memphis drum shop being the best drum shop in the country.Eeeyep.And I can say without a doubt that Nick knows good-sounding cymbals.I can also say that I just got hip to the new Giant Beats and Holy CRAP! I walked into Chuck Levin's in DC a few weeks ago and walked out with a new ride cymbal and hi hats, neither of which I really expected to buy. Especially not the hats. I just played them out of curiosity. I now know not to do that at Chuck Levin's.Chris GargesCharlotte, NCI love my Giant Beats. Perfect rock cymbals to my ears...

Cymbals

I'm not usually a guy who goes through cymbals, but I have definitely been giving these Giant Beats a work-out.My recommendation, if such a concern is a real and common problem, would be to buy from a dealer who offers an extended warranty. I know Guitar Center does this and it's a worthy expense with cymbals, just as an insurance policy. I'm sure there are at least a few other dealers who do this. Speaking of which, I've got some headphones I need to return.Chris GargesCharlotte, NC