current DIY projects you are working on .. or planning on.

I have about 60lbs of aluminum stock that I'm planning on turning into an electric upright bass. (I have zero machining experience, or instrument building for that matter.)Slightly more realistic is the parts-Telecaster I'm accumulating parts for. It started out as an SX tele, but by the time I'm done I'll have replaced every part of the original guitar...so far I have a mighty mite neck, a rough-finished ash body, Lindy Fralin bridge p/u and TV Jones neck, and some other odds and sods. Just need pots, a switch, jack, and some copper to cut a pickguard from. (Chris Jury - this is your fault.)An all-tube tremolo, rebuild a Yamaha Pm1000 with direct outs and improved power supply, and I have a bunch of kits that I need to build: BYOC and GGG pedals and other stuff.Plus maintaining and fixing the stuff I do have.
chuck dukowski wrote:I'm glad you asked about politics. Since I'm a bass player, I know everything about it

After I get back to work, I have a Pan-ES 335 copy, Ibanez IC400, and Squier '51 to get into shape. The Squier just needs pickups.I wanna refin the IC400 in a dark walnut stain like qrj is planning on doing to his. The 335 needs a lot of love. I gotta glue the fretboard back to the neck where it's coming off, refin (either another dark walnut stain, or pelham blue). new frets and new electronics.Also wanna buy a bias probe so I can bias amps properly. I've been jacking up the bias until the plates get a little bit orange, and then backing them off about 15-20%. It works fine, but I'm kinda done horseshitting around.
Motherfuckers Move Slow.

I still need to build my pedal board. All of the wood is in the basement where it has been for almost a year. I have to build a fuzz for my friends B-Day. I need to clean and balance my Otari. I need to clean or replace a fer bus switches in my Tascam board. I need to crack open the Kustom Combo and see why it farts all the time. I need to put P94's in my SG. I need to replace the power switch on one of my sound card breakouts. I have about 50 cables that need soldering. I could probably go on and on for hours with the things I actually need to do before getting into the things I want to do.

just wondering what people in here are up to project wise.i just switched my guitar rig over to 2 channels of solid state action and plan on making a nice wooden box for it to all sit in.standard rack sized , birch, mitered corners, i have some nice deep purple aniline dye left over from a previous project i may stain it with. not totally sure.anyone else starting anything up? lets check some photo time line progress on em!.
I've got all the natural gas we could ever need

Finishing up framing the walls for my new studio. Plumber's installing new lines for bathrooms and kitchen. I should be able to start on the drywall by the end of the week, as long as my framing passes inspection (which it should). Also, planning on building a new rack for my outboard gear, as I've out grown my old one. Not to mention the assload of cables I need to make to incorporate some new gear.