You fat bastard.

You people posting pics of yourselves are brave and beautiful people. I have about 800 I could post that made me wanna barf when I saw them, but I don't have your courage. I've lost about 15 pounds since May. More inches than pounds. I spent last week wearing dresses dragged out from the back of my closet that hadn't fit me in 3+ years. Shit was awesome. I eat almost exclusively vegetables during the week and don't drink. Lots of seltzer in wine glasses. I wake up wide awake and feeling capable as fuck which is almost better than the dresses.I'm in. I hope to be close to the weight I was when I landed in Chipscago five years by October. Being fat is fucking terrible.
H-GM wrote:Still don't make you mexican, Dances With Burros.

You fat bastard.

buzzsaw wrote:Hello- I have a plan that will guarantee that you lose weight. The closer you follow this plan, the faster that you will lose weight. I have never seen this fail. People may fail at this plan but the plan always works. 1- No fast food. If you must eat it, make it a last resort and hit up the sandwich shops, Subway, etc. Skip the chips, dummy! You are on a diet! 2- No soda. No diet soda. No energy drinks. Gatorade has almost as much sugar as all of these. If you need caffeine, drink black coffee or unsweetened tea. The fake sugars are terrible also. 3- Examine your labels for high fructose corn syrup. Avoid as much as possible. THE SHIT IS IN EVERYTHING. Do the best that you can. 4- No alcohol during the week. Friday and Saturday you can jam down all the beers that you can because Monday's coming and shit is gonna get tough.... 5- Drink a lot of water. There are recommendations on the internet. I bet you don t drink enough! 6- Run. The more you run the faster this works. If you are a bad runner or have injuries take it slow and work up into it. Walk 2 miles every other day. Build your walk into a gentle trot. MOST PEOPLE HATE RUNNING. It gets easier. All the walking/jogging will help stretch your ankles and knees out and strengthen your joints enough where some of your initial aches and pains will diminish. There are a lot of people who don t run and use pain as an excuse. If you have DIAGNOSED knee, ankle, or back injuries, run on an elliptical or a cross training machine. Those have no impact on your joints. I saw a guy in my gym who weighed 300+ jog the treadmill every day. He would run until the meter showed that he burned 500 calories (not that the machine is super accurate) but he busted his ass and lost weight at a tremendous rate. First he would go slow and it would take him over an hour, then he ran harder and he could get it done in half the time. 7- Do 40 pushups a night. For some of you, this will be very difficult at first. Do them in as many set as you need to. Someday you should be able to do 40 in a row with ease. When you get to this point, it should take less than a minute. It makes you think back to when it took a half hour to do 40 ¦.The plan above requires a lifestyle change. It is something that I adapted a little at a time. It is pretty jarring to do it all at once. I started by making the changes in order that I have listed. Once you start feeling better, your body will thank you by giving you more energy and the more energy will help you go further. The smokers usually feel better and their smoking usually decreases without trying. This usually leads to thoughts of quitting, sometimes with success!I fully endorse and practice this exact regimen, plus daily yoga. I do have beers through the week, in moderation. When I go for a stretch without any beers/alcohol, I feel a lot better and all the physical activities become much easier.

You fat bastard.

i'm in. 6'3, but 225#. recently, i have had trouble breathing while tying my shoes.i already do most of the healthy stuff - i don't drink, rarely eat meat, have soda very rarely, exercise (though not enough), drink lots of water. my downfall is sugar, and meal portions. my wife is very health conscious, so i'm already aware of high fructose corn syrup. i try to avoid bread, but don't always succeed. i cycle through periods of drinking mochas or chai or other caffeine and sugar combinations, with several month gaps where i give them up. i have been without for a couple weeks now, with a couple slips into frappuccino-land during the pitchfork fest.i'd love to get back under 200.more salads, more biking. here we go.
"I'm not much for screechin' about elves"

You fat bastard.

Wood Goblin wrote:dontfeartheringo wrote:Wood Goblin wrote:dontfeartheringo wrote:I've been thinking about this post in the C/NC.I wonder if any PRF folk would be interested in "organizing" an 18 mile run along the lakefront? Sort of our own pseudo-marathon? We'd have to find volunteers to hose us off afterward (I mean before heading to Hopleaf of course), but that might be just as much fun.I hate to even bring it up, but it's got me thinking.Kind of like the Iron Man.... but the Aluminum Man.The PRF Aluminum Man 18 Mile Speed-Waddle.just putting that in my pipe and smoking it right now.I was intrigued by this as well. I'm nowhere near ready to attempt an 18-miler this summer, but it might be a goal for next summer.This summer is too soon, as is fall, probably. Winter is right out, since we're talking Chicago here.Spring 2011? May 1st maybe?Problem with May 1st is that we Chicagoans would have to do some hardcore training during the winter. If a PRFer or two plans to run the marathon in autumn, perhaps the 18-mile run could coincide with their training schedule.Whenever this is going to be, count me in. As long as it's not this summer. As of now I'm dead after about 4.5 miles. But this would give me something to work towards. While we're on the Aluminum Man subject, is Bike the Dog happening this year? I missed out on last years activities.

You fat bastard.

That was a tremendous post, ringo. BTW, having met you, I would never consider you heavy. Never crossed my mind. I think you ran into some bad luck with that particular photo.Anyway, yeah. 'Bout twenty pounds overweight on this end. Checking in at 205, probably. No sleep. A thousand cigarettes. Bad food. Beers (and accompanying gut). Stress. Poker. Ah, fer chrissake, where's me TUMS?
music

offal wrote:Holy shit.

Kerble was wrong.

This certainly changes things.

You fat bastard.

Mother fucker.0920 am and i've just sat down to a roll and square sausage and fired egg at my desk and this fucking thread is the first thing I see!Mind you, it's probably a good thing. I've been in the studio (CaVa -Glasgow) for the past two weeks and we've been working through the Tunnocks' product catalogue. Whilst recording i've given the Judo a miss just in case of injury, so it's time to get back into some exercise. Cheers Ringo.
gjhardwick wrote:shut up you massive baptist

You fat bastard.

MrFood wrote:Ptommydski wrote:Okay so it turns out being 26 is not the same as being 20. I've put on a LOT of weight on my stomach. Don't believe me? Check this shit out -No I'm not pregnant. That belly needs to fuck off and I need to start working on it now. Any advice would be welcome.6 weeks of eating smaller, more frequent meals, drinking less beer and some sit ups in the morning and that will be gone. You got it easy.Tommy that's not a belly, that's either an unfortunately photographed posture or a money belt. It's nice that you want to join-in though.

You fat bastard.

Dudley wrote:Have been on a diet for about a month - no bread, spuds, pasta, rice or sugar. Lost a bit, still hardly sylph-like though. Have one day off a week, when anything sweet tastes incredibly sweet. CHutneys and pickles taste like jam.Josef K wrote: we've been working through the Tunnocks' product catalogue. Oh, sweet Tunnocks. Herr K, with this post, you are dangling the forbidden caramelly sweetness before me. Salivating like an ageing Labrador.Should cut out the beer, too, but as I sit in a room by myself all day, pretty much every day, without popping out for beer with mates once a week, I would go crazy.Josef K wrote:Mother fucker.Word. Is tough, the not-having-the-deliciousness.Dudley, our sessions were fuelled by Tunnocks. We had snowballs, milk chocolate teacakes, dark chocolate teacakes, caramel logs, milk chocolate caramel wafers and dark chocolate cramel wafers. At the end of the second week we allowed non Tunnocks products in, I had a rhubarb tart.