Show us your amps!!!

scott evans wrote:Last session I used it, we killed it. Great sadness. Mr. Adrian did the repair -- the power transformer was teeny-tiny and I guess couldn't really handle the meager wattage. (I pretty much always run it on 10.)Output transformer. 6 watts at full distortion needs an OT bigger than 1" square. I'm surprised it didn't melt sooner.

Show us your amps!!!

scott evans wrote:tallchris wrote:Damn, that's even smaller than the transformer in the Montgomery Ward amp I got from Snowblinder. Was it mounted to the speaker?No, I think you can see it hanging off the chassis in the second pic of the amp that I posted above. (right, Ben?) It looks bigger there, but the amp itself is actually pretty small. 8" speaker.Nope. That's the power transformer. The OT actually lives inside the chassis on this amp.Also, this amp has SERIES TUBE HEATERS. The tubes are like a string of old christmas lights.

Show us your amps!!!

I was looking at the show us your guitar thread and thought there needed to be an amp thread.So I am in the process of moving, and I had to move all my gear back to my folks house for safe storage. Finding a place to practice, let alone storage in DC is a nightmare, and my folks were nice enough to let me keep my stuff there. I don't think they had any idea what they were getting them selves into, and I also didn't really think about how much stuff I had procured over the years, untill I had to move it all out of where I was living...Here is a picture of their basement wall with my amps (and there are some that aren't even pictured)...Left to right:1979 Fender Twin Reverb1975 Fender Bassman Ten1970 Orange 80197? Fender Bassman 100 4x12 cab2003 Matamp GTO1974 Traynor YBA 1 Bassmaster MKII197? Traynor 8x10 cab1974 Acoustic 4501973 Acoustic 1401972 Ampeg V4Not shown:1975 Fender Quad Reverb2006 Orange 2x12197? Sound City 4x12 (with fane's)

Show us your amps!!!

On a rare occasion when both heads and both cabs were working (but still not well enough to dispense with the Marshall Superlead and Ampeg heads lurking behind as spares)I haven't even turned these on in over a year though, my main amp is still the Fender Twin in the middle of this:Bought when I was about 19 yrs old, been used in every band I've ever been in for 14 years now, only been above 5 on the volume once (Burun can vouch for the joy it brought me to be instructed to "turn it up to about 8.5" when doing the Branca thing). Got it in P/X on a shitty Marshall in a local music store. Me and a friend came to pick it up and the guy who agreed the deal was off for the day. The other guy asked what the agreed trade in on the Marshall had been and my friend said it's new value without missing a beat and the store guy accepted that so I got it for nearly nothing. Certainly paid for itself by now.
Rick Reuben wrote:We're all sensitive people
With so much love to give, understand me sugar
Since we got to be... Lets say, I love you

Show us your amps!!!

busbus wrote:Are you digging this little guy?I haven't heard much about them from sources that I trust yet.Pretty fucking great for $450.
Marsupialized wrote:The last time I saw her, she had some Jewish bullshit going on

ubercat wrote:You're fucking cock-tease aren't you, you little minx.