PRF010 Teeth "The Strain" - Available! #rockvscancerrockwins

That's a fantastic idea, BadComrade. I've recorded there twice and it was a great experience. Everyone couldn't be any more awesome if they tried. Nicest people on earth. Don't be nervous. It's a very relaxed atmosphere. Steve is high as a kite the entire time, so it'll be cool.I'm in Queens if you need anything. PM me.
music

offal wrote:Holy shit.

Kerble was wrong.

This certainly changes things.

PRF010 Teeth The Strain - Available! #rockvscancerrockwins

Holy dog balls. I didn't know what to expect when I posted this, and wow, I really, really appreciate the positivity.Regarding said compilation, yeah if one of my songs is good enough, that would be cool. I really didn't know how I'd react when finally given news that hey, it's got you this time, get your affairs in order, your time is nigh ... but I'm glad that one of the first things that came to mind was shit, I've gotta get an album done; I need to try to get ahold of Steve... and I'm even more glad that I stepped forward and did what I could to make it happen.I guess maybe I'll share some material that I've been involved in now, starting with my work in Cheebahawk, as I've been more focused on drums in the last year than anything else:Live footage:Practice-space demo stuff:My favorite, a 15-min instrumental: As for my stuff, as I've said it's quite different... and I believe what's being put together for this album represents... well it all stems from this older material, but I think the ideas are developed further and are more cohesive. I'd say what I'm making sits somewhere between the Melvins-y dirge of this (early 2011, features two drum tracks):... and the hyper-simplicity of this (2006), which features vocals:... There's more along the lines of that last one at http://www.myspace.com/lowfiemphatic (I'd recommend in the sea, a sarcastic jab at the songwriting process when in a band) ... along with some fun shit I did in '09 using my daughter's small-scale drum kit. Most of that stuff was just me, a TKO drum kit with god-awful cymbals, a wrecked Johnson Strat copy, an Alvarez bass, a Carvin CM67 and a couple Shure PG mics, a marshall mini-stack pocket amp, multimedia speakers to occasionally run the amp's sound through, a dresser drawer for reverb, stood-up mattresses to separate sound, and a Tascam Porta 02... and plenty of Steel Reserve. :pHope that material doesn't cause too many wrinkled noses.