Seen any good movies lately?

I know there's a netflix streaming thread and various crap/not crap movie threads, but i can't really find a general discussion on my favorite topic besides music. Point me in the right direction if there is a thread like this already.Just saw, "Take Shelter" with the crazy ass head of Michael Shannon and the lovely Jessica Chastain. Very good stuff. Creepy and psychological "thriller." Growing up in the midwest i relate to the tornado paranoia and the very unsettling and powerless feeling of watching a storm approach over the prairie.

Riff Magnum wrote:Jodi S. wrote:Yeah, yeah, it's getting a lot of award season buzz but I really liked The Descendants.People like to hate on it cuz of Clooney i guess. I thought it was really good, although i'd rather see the Artist or Tree of Life (fat chance) win Best Picture. Can't believe "Drive" wasn't nominated.Drive was nominated for sound editing, and I agree, but the Oscars are not really for best crafted/artistic film but something else.I liked The Descendants as well, Clooney was good in it, so was the older daughter. Hanalei was good. I liked The Artist but thought it was too long by about 20 minites. The acting was fantastic.
To me Steve wrote:I'm curious why[...] you wouldn't just fuck off instead. Let's hear your record, cocksocket.

Saw the latest version of The Thing. It was great, with a couple cool twists Hawks and Carpenter never thought of. No such thing as a bad Thing movie.Also watched a good oldie, Jacques Demy's Bay of Angels, maybe the best gambling movie ever made.
Segment Two: Servo falls in love with Joel's new blender, but the courtship turns sour when Joel drinks from Servo's girl. Undeterred, Servo flirts with the coffeemaker, until he realizes he's a guy.