Seen any good movies lately?

You have to check out Le Havre by Aki Kaurismäki. Probably my favorite comedy of the past year.Other favorites of 2011 that I've seen:The Artist ( I started a C/NC but no one responded)DriveWarriorMelancholiaThe Tree of LifeWoody Allen's Midnight in ParisScorsese' HugoOn my list to still seeA Dangerous MethodShameCarnageThe DescendantsMy Week with MarilynMoneyballThe GuardYoung AdultA SeparationWe Need to Talk about KevinMartha Marcy May MarleneThe Mill and the CrossAttack the BlockTake Shelter
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Kaboom!

I just watched Everything Must Go, with Will Ferrell. Based off the Raymond Carver short story Why Don't You Dance?, which I never read. I would describe it as a "good" movie. Not great per se, but good. A lot of sadness though.
Dr. McNinja wrote:I just surfed a robo dracula from the Moon, so all y'alls can just take it.

chumpchange wrote:Cedar Rapids.I liked that one a lot.I want to say We Need to Talk About Kevin but the first half failed to grab me. It's a lot of flashback within a flashback stuff, the whole thing. The second half was absolutely great, though. John C. Reilly, I'll give him ups for being a good actor but I felt somebody else could have lent more heft to his character, even though his character is supposed to be largely absent and... obtuse isn't the right word. Neither is vague. Maybe clueless? He plays the kind of father that isn't around much at all and refuses to believe that his son has any problems. Otherwise solidly written. Despite that I wasn't really gripped by the first half, sticking with it makes the second half rewarding; I should probably rewatch it.I watched Alphaville a few months back. You can't go wrong with that.I think I saw Rob G mention Everything Must Go. It was decent but you can skip it. If you want to see Will Ferrell do serious, go with Stranger Than Fiction. A little saccharine? Yeah, but it's solid. I really liked that one. It's a light-hearted number that calls for a few repeated viewings.Let the Right One In. The import, not the domestic; I haven't seen the domestic version so if anybody thinks it's solid, let me know. Otherwise, I raved about this one to my coworker who is in to vampire movies.Hanna was pretty cool.The Wolfman remake. Not terrible, not excellent. I work a job where I get to do fuck all so a movie that gets panned? Not a bad way to kill an hour and a half. There are worse ways to spend an evening.Captain America and Thor, only if you've got blue balls for The Avengers movie. If you're not into comic books, (you are not my friend and) either Hulk or Iron Man movie should suffice for that set up.Eyes Without a Face: Kicking myself for not seeing this one sooner.Human Centipede: First Sequence: I cut a full-length motion picture down to five minutes by looking for the really shocking parts after all the hype. Wow. All the hype gave the movie away. Ignore. It's boring.I'm going to risk being cliché by bringing Stieg Larson's [sp?] The Girl Who... trilogy into this. Currently being remade for the US for some dumb-assed reason; the originals are fucking dope. I see Rooney Mara in the role of Lisbeth and think she's too young looking / waifish.
This is going to get worse before it gets any better.

Paranormal Activity 3 - stupid but fun...Visitor Q - just so my gf could see it, i was interested in her reactions to it...just started watching an old 80's series called 'Faerie Tale Theatre', pretty good so far...i love and miss the 80's style of made-for-TV special effects...
lemur68 wrote:I've always said there are two ways to guarantee getting on the news:

1) Be found hoarding 80 animals in your home.

2) Drive through a storefront.

I'm 6/80ths the way to #1.