Seen any good movies lately?

I liked Hanna a lot. Way more than I expected to.Also, I watched The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane again recently, and it was just as creepy as I remembered. Teenage Jodie Foster, Martin Sheen (as would-be pedophile), and Scott Jacoby (AKA Bad Ronald) as a crippled teenage magician/love interest. What's not to like?Oh yeah: and Jodie's father is a poet and cannot be disturbed while he's working. Damn straight!
dontfeartheringo wrote:I need people to act like grown folks and I just ain't seeing it.

Saw Don Hertzfeld present his entire "Bill Trilogy" and give a Q&A at the Cleveland Institute of Art Cinematheque. I highly suggest seeing his "An Evening with..." tour. The trilogy is an amazing thing.This past weekend seemed to be one meant for animation, as I also saw The Secret World of Arrietty which was beautiful beyond belief. Damned near cried.
Dr. McNinja wrote:I just surfed a robo dracula from the Moon, so all y'alls can just take it.

Robert G wrote:Saw Don Hertzfeld present his entire Bill Trilogy and give a Q&A at the Cleveland Institute of Art Cinematheque. I highly suggest seeing his An Evening with... tour. The trilogy is an amazing thing.yes! absolutely amazing, best thing i've seen in a movie theater in forever. the tour stops in chicago tomorrow.

caix wrote:Am I alone in thinking that Tree of Life was kinda boring? No. I think he made a film quite literally for himself to watch, though I can see its appeal to baby-boomers.We recently watch Grey Gardens, both the documentary and the one with Jessica Lange and Drew Barrymore, both of whom were outstanding, especially Barrymore. She portrayed Little Edie incredibly well. I guess the doc was one of the first motion picture-length docs in which the directors really tried to distance themselves from the subject. The feature has some back-story you don't really get, except in hints, from the doc.Oh yeah, saw Pina in 3D, it was really good and I liked it better than I expected to as modern dance (dance at all, really) isn't my thing. While I'm not sure the 3D enhanced the film it certainly didn't detract from it.
To me Steve wrote:I'm curious why[...] you wouldn't just fuck off instead. Let's hear your record, cocksocket.