John Grabski III memorial page

ugly\_ukrainian wrote:i've read this article, have to say most of you didnt ever think about this up to the moment when albini wrote it. You do know that there's a whole other thread about John, his diagnosis, and his music, right? He started it back in October. Most of got to know him to some degree then, not just when Steve posted something. But more importantly, it's easy to be an asshole on the internet. Why not try something much harder, like not being an asshole.

ugly\_ukrainian wrote:Seems you have no idea what cancer is alike. You pay attention only when respected guy told that its important.Hey! Guy who's mostly lurked since 2011! It is with great sadness that I report that members of this forum know all too well what that fucking bastard shiteating disease cancer is like. Many of them from the most personal of experiences: they've beaten it themselves.So tell those people that they didn't pay attention to its gravity or importance.Go ahead.Do it.I'm waiting.
I make music/I also make pretty pictures

ugly\_ukrainian wrote:i've read this article, have to say most of you didnt ever think about this up to the moment when albini wrote it. If i had no idea who is albini i'd believe he is forum's god or something. What a fuck you're talking about? Seems you have no idea what cancer is alike. You pay attention only when respected guy told that its important. 'Rock wins cancer' is the stupidiest illussion i've ever heard.Cancer has to take Grabski but leaves this useless shithead alone.
tocharian wrote:Cheese fries vs nonexistence. Duh.

i've read this article, have to say most of you didnt ever think about this up to the moment when albini wrote it. If i had no idea who is albini i'd believe he is forum's god or something. What a fuck you're talking about? Seems you have no idea what cancer is alike. You pay attention only when respected guy told that its important. 'Rock wins cancer' is the stupidiest illussion i've ever heard.

I followed the thread on John as it was happening, but never commented because I honestly didn't know what to say. He was dealing with so much with such courage, clarity, fierce determination, and astonishing good humor that anything I could say seemed puny and inadequate. In essence, I was moved into an awed silence. Reading Steve's memorial essay makes me feel roughly the same way, but I wanted to thank him for helping to share such a beautiful and powerful story with the world. Folks need to know and remember John Grabski III.
"Everything should be kept. I regret everything I’ve ever thrown away." -- Richard Hell

Mark Lansing wrote:I followed the thread on John as it was happening, but never commented because I honestly didn't know what to say.I felt exactly the same way. John was better than anybody else at encapsulating his experience and I preferred reading his posts to trying to write my own.
steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electrical dot com
Quicumque quattuor feles possidet insanus est.

I don't have anything to add here. I would just like to acknowledge the fact that I sat here and shed a tear for John.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” - George Carlin R.I.P