Misheard Lyrics

WKRP In Cincinnati Main ThemeI think I just realized I had always misheard the ending:Baby, you and me were never meant to be... but maybe we could be, once in a while......always sounded like some mildly seedy but maybe we could hook-up occasionally kind of thing.Then I just recently watched an episode, and suddenly I think I finally heard the correct lyric:Baby, you and me were never meant to be... but maybe think of me, once in a while......which does seem to be quite a bit more innocent and bittersweet.
My mind, it's a terrible diskette.

Misheard Lyrics

Arson Smith wrote:WKRP In Cincinnati Main ThemeI think I just realized I had always misheard the ending:Baby, you and me were never meant to be... but maybe we could be, once in a while......always sounded like some mildly seedy but maybe we could hook-up occasionally kind of thing.Then I just recently watched an episode, and suddenly I think I finally heard the correct lyric:Baby, you and me were never meant to be... but maybe think of me, once in a while......which does seem to be quite a bit more innocent and bittersweet. It blew my mind when I found out hangin' and a-jivin' in the Good Times theme is actually hangin' in a chow line.

Misheard Lyrics

So, we have this cat named Missy, but mainly we just call her Kid.Occasionally my lady, in order to goof on something I'm listening to, will address the cat. Like, let's say I were listening to (oh, I don't know): Crazy Train:Then my lady might turn to the cat and say Kid, Daddy's going off the rails on a crazy train!Or maybe I'm listening to Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue:Then she might turn to the cat and say Kid, now Daddy wants to sniff some glue!(Maybe not the best examples I could come up with on the spot, but you get the idea...)So tonight, as I'm listening to the first song in this video:phpBB [media]After a few minutes go by, my lady turns to the cat and says Kid, Daddy's gonna ride the boat! Jealous cowards try to control Ride the boat!We're gonna ride the boat!They distort what we say Ride the boat!We're gonna ride the boat!Try and stop what we do Ride the boat!We're gonna ride the boat!When they can't do it themselves Ride the boat!We're gonna ride the boat!
My mind, it's a terrible diskette.