Tune-bot

numberthirty wrote:dontfeartheringo wrote:This thing is distinct from the DrumDial:viewtopic.php?f=6&t=54570The TuneBot is something completely different and I have not had a chance to play with one yet.Doesn't the TuneBot give you the option to tune to actual pitches?It does. So does a piano, actually.
Redline wrote:Not Crap. The sound of death? The sound of FUN! ScrrreeEEEEEEE

Tune-bot

andteater wrote:warmowski wrote:I have not!Is it a dial? For drums?Is it these?http://drumdial.com/I'll give them this: they have the benefit of looking like old-school boiler pressure gauges. Beyond that, no idea. Drum dummy over here.-rthere are honestly at least TWO Drum Dials sitting on the floor in our practice space, Rob!andyk

Tune-bot

warmowski wrote:phpBB [media]Thought this was interesting. I'd never seen a drum tuning assist device before. Then again, I don't pay a whole ton of attention to the tools of the bashing arts.What say you, keepers of the beat?-rSeems like this came up elsewhere.You haven't seen the Drum Dial?

Tune-bot

numberthirty wrote:dontfeartheringo wrote:This thing is distinct from the DrumDial:viewtopic.php?f=6&t=54570The TuneBot is something completely different and I have not had a chance to play with one yet.Doesn't the TuneBot give you the option to tune to actual pitches?It does. My bandmates went in together and bought one. We each own a kit (3 total) and had all been using my DrumDial previously. The TuneBot is really sensitive and allows you to tune your drums to specific pitches -- albeit in about 3 times the amount of time. In the end my kit was tuned by me with a DrumDial and sounded better than their kits with the TuneBot. Interestingly, after double checking my drums with the TuneBot it turns out the frequencies at all of my lugs were SUPER close to each other (within 5 Hz). I then used the TuneBot to exactly match the lugs. Improvement was minimal at best.Full disclosure, part of it might just be that my kit sounds better.Drums in question:Ludwig 3-ply (mine)Ludwig 6-ply (concert toms converted to dual head)Ludwig Vistalites with really old ass heads