start=2320>UK General Election 2015 In 2015 I will be voting for:

big\_dave wrote:Although I'm proEurope on almost everything, the major downer here could be that leftist anti-EU arguments are going to be completely drowned out, and they really should be on the table at all times.Which isn't helped by the BBC and others characterising Syriza, a left party that achieved a genuine breakthrough at all levels of Greek society, as an anti-EU party. Which is complete guff.I do think UKIP's anti-politics has the shelf-life of Beppe Grillo's Five Star Movement in Italy.

There's a letter from Farage's Dulwich teacher floating around online, objecting to him becoming a school prefect after being caught singing Hitler Youth songs with other boys; claiming that nothing good can come from promoting this natural fascist. Worth looking up. Funny comment from an Italian friend on FB:United States of Europe or barbarism. The UK has chosen “ and as an amateur medievalist, I am glad to be here now.i really wonder what kind of future UKIP voters believe awaits an isolated, small island with no natural resources within an unstable globalised world...

The long and the short of it is that the fascists and ultra-right do well in EU elections as a result of 'fortress Europe' being a racist entity. The broadening and deepening of free markets and free-movement of labour has alienated its own populations, whilst at the same time the neoliberal mainstream in the EU core is backing far-right elements and fascists in Ukraine. The politics the EU visits on its neighbours on the periphery is coming home.