Post a poem you love or wrote

Adam Sr wrote:Tom Leonard wrote:baa baa black sheephave you any woolyes sir yes sirthree bags fullone for thi mastern anuthir wan fur thi mastern wan fur thi fuckin churchTom Leonard wrote:ah knew a linguist wancewanst ah knew a linguistshi used tay git oanty miah wish I could talk like youahv lost my accentthi crux iz sayz ahshiftin ma registertay speak tay a linguistwould you swear tay swerrand not abjurethe extra-semantic kineticsuv thi fuckin poorachmobile societymobile ma arseTom Leonard wrote:itsan ill windthitblaws nay cuntfuck allgoodTom Leonard wrote:Jist ti Let Yi No(from the American of Carlos Williams)ahv drankthi speshlzthat wurrinthi frijn thityiwurr probblihodn backfurthi pahrtiawrightthey wur greatthaht stroangthaht cawldTom Leonard wrote:Feed Ma LamzAmyir gaffirz Gaffir. Hark. nay fornirz ur communists nay langwij nay lip nay laffn ina sunday nay g.b.h. (septina wawr) nay nooky huntn nay tea-leaven nay chanty rasslin nay nooky huntn nix doar naur kuvitn their oxOaky doaky. Stick way it- rahl burn thi lohta yizAmazing how much this sounds like social media debris - fragments of text messages, facebook entries, meme speak of today when Leonard uses phonetic spelling for different purposes. Cool to see this here.

sparky wrote:Basil Bunting reading from Briggflats: mighty sound.Excellent! Wow--had never seen that before and hadn't thought of Bunting in ages. Many times I have paraphrased his belief that a poem on the page is akin to sheet music, its sonic grandeur unknowable until it meets the air in recitation.Bonus: the only non-poetry video in the related clips below this when I watched it was Cock in My Pocket by Iggy & the Stooges.
dontfeartheringo wrote:I need people to act like grown folks and I just ain't seeing it.

Brett Eugene Ralph wrote:Excellent! Wow--had never seen that before and hadn't thought of Bunting in ages. Many times I have paraphrased his belief that a poem on the page is akin to sheet music, its sonic grandeur unknowable until it meets the air in recitation.I've listened to that every day this week, as I've picked up Briggflats and his collected poems. You're both right, and I'm late to the awesome depths in recitation. A biography has just come out that sounds enthralling. Bunting appears to have been sometimes great, sometimes monstrous, brave, savage, and difficult:Roy Fisher wrote:there was also the inaccessible sense of a demon of delinquency and improvidence - the absences, the goings-to-ground, the impulsive initiatives, the periods of yielding to circumstance in a curiously - I'm tempted to say suspiciously - passive manner. A sort of anti-matter countering the will to achieve good things, and in some way ministering to it.
Gib Opi kein Opium, denn Opium bringt Opi um!

This has been knocking around in my head all afternoon. I think of this passage, often. Charles Mingus meets Bobby Fischer in Bellevue.Charles Mingus said:There was a boy sitting across the table from me, reading a book on mathematics - I could see the equations and symbols. I saw him walking around earlier that morning - very tall and gangly, sandy haired, only about eighteen years old. I later learned he was a champion chess player and spoke seven languages. He was a genius, I guess. His parents had him committed, he told me, but he didn t say why. He didn t seem to mind. He was quiet and good-natured and always busy doing something. When he saw me looking at him he asked if I wanted to play a game of chess and he brought out his board. I showed him what I had just wrote.He looked very thoughtful, and said, I don t have time to hear everything, but I m interested in music and keep abreast of what s happening. It s odd you say you haven t been productive. It seems to me you have several-Let s see- and he counted in his head - I d say six or seven albums that came out last year. That isn t bad. I was amazed, but he was right, and I realized last year seemed like ten years ago to me.He checkmated me three times in a row, and I could see he was getting bored, so I went back to my bunk and tried to write some poetry. A good title came to my mind. Nice Of You To Have Come To My Funeral....Oh damn it all blues. Screwed to the melting frozen walk of dared-to-embrace stone, concrete hard, imagined soft only to overdue erections of loneliness that turned feminine and speaks back wet, warm tears,not to far removed from its common denominator,Iced urine melting at dared hot deathThat clings to life for love at thought of some responseBe it only the clay, dirt or pavement I behold in mydrunken, fevered search for a true woman s groin,Wanting me as I want her to never hate mebecause we found refuge of satisfaction as two drunken stoneswarmed themselves side by sideIn outside our guttered ideas of opposite sides fucking.Do you understand that poem, Dr. Wallach?Well, Charles, it certainly is a very personal expression.

Great music is falling out of our pockets, rolling amidst brandednapkins and fast-food containers.When the arcade claw crane drops down the uncovered drain, it nevercomes up with that great music which is never heard again.Great music becomes a currency of curios for deaf vermin in the sewers.Great music is whistled by the tone deaf man who heard a tone deaf manwhistle the tune he heard from the tone deaf man who heard a tone deafman whistle the tune he heard from the tone deaf man who heard a tonedeaf man whistle the tune he heard from a tone deaf woman humming Ode to Joy.Great music is played by a man drumming two bladed spatulas into themakings of a cheese steak on the grill.Great music is at least 4 hours long and requires exhaustiveexplorations of melismatic iterations and invocations upon epithetsuntil the singer falls asleep.Good music is at least 20 years old, great music is at least 20 yearsinto the future.(7.25.13)