Ebay Selling Hassle

Yes- I always mark my auctions as 'no returns- ask all questions before bidding' I understand his frustration if the output on the pickups is weak...could be something jarred loose, or broke, and I want to make it right if I can...but I'm not interested in being fucked over. I made the offer to give him $50 to get new pickups, or to send him a set. no word.I'd like to take my rare open-market guitar selling to reverb, but things don't move over there very well. I do the online sales for the shop, started the reverb store for them, and in the last 6 weeks I think we've sold maybe 10 items.
No one is paying you to sit on that bed and cry.

Ebay Selling Hassle

I'm sure this has been a topic before- but I'm at a loss.Sold that Black tele on ebay- everything worked fine when it left. Kid emails back today (got it a week ago) saying the pickups have super-weak output and he wants his money back. Also has already left negative feedback, and is demanding a return shipping label so it goes both ways on my dime. I offered to buy him new pickups, or send him a set. not sure where it'll land.how do you all handle these conflicts?
No one is paying you to sit on that bed and cry.

Ebay Selling Hassle

Yeah, I ran into a similar issue with selling a pedal on Reverb this summer. After trying to work it out with the dude (he claimed that the battery was jammed and it was impossible to get out), he wound up filing a claim against me and it made using PayPal a pain in the ass for about 4 weeks. I wound up just giving the dude a refund, but I'd be reluctant to do it again (especially considering that when I got the pedal back, I used a small, flathead screwdiver to pop out the battery and it was totally fine.)Maybe ask him to send you a sound or video clip of him using the tele to verify that the output is low? Kind of over the top, yes, but if the dude it serious about it being an issue, he should have no problem wanting to document it properly to get his money back.

Ebay Selling Hassle

I sell a lot of guitars on eBay.If the item is not as described or was damaged in shipping, eBay will refund the buyers money and ultimately get that money from you. Your "No Returns" policy or stating something "As Is" means absolutely nothing. The item needs to be in perfect working order and any cosmetic damage needs to be disclosed. And always overcompensate. That little bump next to the binding on the underside that you can barely see? Take a picture of it or the buyer will complain, guaranteed.With that being said, is the guitar in good working order? Are the pickups just not to the buyers taste? Is the guitar as you described it? If so, let the buyer file a claim and state your case to eBay. Explain to them that there are major ranges in output in various types of pickups, but the item is just as you described it.You may not win but it sounds like the buyer is just being a baby. I sold a head once that got damaged in shipping and the guy neg'd me right away and filed a claim. I told him to get a repair quote and I will pay it. He dropped the claim and eBay removed the neg.

Ebay Selling Hassle

This sounds like a classic case of buyer's remorse/dude just trying to get his money back. Like everyone said: the best way to sniff this out is offering to have things repaired. Your offer of sending new pickups is totally reasonable. I had a pedal that I sold on Ebay and the buyer claimed that the power supply jack didn't work. I told him to get it repaired and send me a receipt for the repair. Never heard back from him and things got dropped. So wait for this guy to respond. There could be some pain in the ass back and forth, but it may just get dropped.