Fearsome and mammoth cults thread

oswaldwen wrote:skoz wrote:Boombats wrote:skoz wrote:I grew up in this organization:http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church\_U ... TriumphantThey should have gone with Church Universal 'N' TriumphantHa haSome of you may have heard of this group due to the classic anti rock and roll lectures which were my first exposure to Slayer, Dead Kennedys and a number of other groupsphpBB [media]Whoevers preaching in this recording would make an excellent speed rapper. Also he mentioned MJ twice and I chuckled when he said David Booie That's called decreeing pretty much everyone involved in the church can do that. I still can do a few of the regular ones.

jimmy two hands wrote:skoz wrote:Some of you may have heard of this group due to the classic anti rock and roll lectures which were my first exposure to Slayer, Dead Kennedys and a number of other groupsphpBB [media]That shit is hilarious! I'm pretty sure I heard this before. Did Negativland sample it?Yeah Negativland did sample an one point and there were a couple bootlegs of tapes meant for church followers released for record collector types. As funny as some of it seems now, that organization took advantage of quite a few people and had a pretty negative affect on me and my family.

It's not surprising at all that cult leaders abuse their followers terribly. The drive to have power over others is tied to a fundamental belief that others exist only for exploitation, and this is the same belief that drives animal cruelty, child molestation, serial rape and murder, etc.It's not about having your needs met, living in luxury, being adored or having easy access to sex, whatever. These people aren't goal-oriented. The more their egos are fed, the more they expand and want more, so they can't ever reach a milestone where they'll say, "I'm satisfied".They're insatiable, pragmatic, elitist and exploitative. Capitalist values.

oswaldwen wrote:Koresh would probably been a better example. I mean Koresh had everything Manson had minus the drugs but he decided he had to go fuck children. Like why would you fucking do this if you have complete control of a community. Your literally a dictator of your community as long as you don't piss the government off but you throw it all away.Well, pedophiles are not commonly know for being the most sensible people regarding their sexual life...The Order of the Solar Temple is another good cult. Creepy, deluded, obsessed with secretiveness, filled with rich people and met a very strange end.phpBB [media]

ERawk wrote:oswaldwen wrote:I remember Jello Biafra did an interview with these guysphpBB [media]I found the Dangerous Minds post about the Jello interview:http://dangerousminds.net/comments/jell ... age\_found1Bitch knew how haver her cake and eat it too I have to write this somewhere: Sexy Octogenarian Cult Leader. M'kayjust as I thought.Also I found this in the search engine:http://www.electricalaudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=53939&hilit=that+women

goatlord wrote:oswaldwen wrote:Koresh would probably been a better example. I mean Koresh had everything Manson had minus the drugs but he decided he had to go fuck children. Like why would you fucking do this if you have complete control of a community. Your literally a dictator of your community as long as you don't piss the government off but you throw it all away.Well, pedophiles are not commonly know for being the most sensible people regarding their sexual life...Well yeah Koresh did have a history of pedophilia before hand. He also probably thought he could get away with it too.Cracked had an article recently that was about being involved in a cult that ended in murder.http://www.cracked.com/article\_21434\_7-insane-lessons-from-inside-apocalyptic-cult.html

numberthirty wrote:oswaldwen wrote:One thing I never get about cult leaders is there need to be commit crimes and break the law. Fucking Manson could have just sat back smoked weed and got laid but he had to go murder people.There is a whole "why" to that one.Well yeah theres a why for nearly every one. I just like to use Manson for shorthand as he had it pretty fucking solid for a cult leader. Drugs, women, money, budding career in making shitty folk music, etc.Koresh would probably been a better example. I mean Koresh had everything Manson had minus the drugs but he decided he had to go fuck children. Like why would you fucking do this if you have complete control of a community. Your literally a dictator of your community as long as you don't piss the government off but you throw it all away.Honestly if you want to go deep into the "why" Manson and Koresh had an incredibly similar life story. Born out of wedlock, abandoned father, did poor in school, etc. I always thought that was interesting.

biscuitdough wrote:It's not surprising at all that cult leaders abuse their followers terribly. The drive to have power over others is tied to a fundamental belief that others exist only for exploitation, and this is the same belief that drives animal cruelty, child molestation, serial rape and murder, etc.It's not about having your needs met, living in luxury, being adored or having easy access to sex, whatever. These people aren't goal-oriented. The more their egos are fed, the more they expand and want more, so they can't ever reach a milestone where they'll say, "I'm satisfied".They're insatiable, pragmatic, elitist and exploitative. Capitalist values.Your probably correct on this. Ive always been fascinated by the minds of cult leaders. Alot of followers of cult leaders are just normal people being abused and exploited. But there something different about the mind of a cult leader. Like Manson did some shit before the murders that was incredibly ballsy.

oswaldwen wrote:Your probably correct on this. Ive always been fascinated by the minds of cult leaders. Alot of followers of cult leaders are just normal people being abused and exploited. But there something different about the mind of a cult leader. Like Manson did some shit before the murders that was incredibly ballsy.Like pimping out teenage girls?