Recommend me some metal!

fischer wrote:watch out for when Darkthrone do crust informed stuff... It's actually quite good, but is also a shock...

Agreed, the last 2 albums took some getting used to, but, now? FAOD is a constant for bike rides. It just takes a little while.Wish I coulda landed the Fenriz Mix CD "Fenriz Presents Punk Rock and classic Heavy Metal" looks like it was a brilliant mix.
Great Deceiver

Recommend me some metal!

aldofarian wrote:Relapse are offering an 184 track free download sampler from their back catalogue to celebrate their 25th Birthday:http://relapsesampler.bandcamp.com/album/relapse-records-25-years-of-contaminationIf you cannot find stuff in there you like, well...Yes indeed! My old Godflesh rip-off band Dead World was even included. It makes my brain hurt to think something I did as a teenager is among so many other amazing bands all these years later.Happy 25th Relapse!

Recommend me some metal!

gjp wrote:SecondEdition wrote:I could do with some more sludge metal recommendations. Something as ugly and nihilistic as it gets.You're probably familiar with them, but nothing really gets as good as Corrupted if that's what you're looking for.phpBB [media]Corrupted are one of my favorite bands.Just found out the mighty Meth Drinker put out a new record right at the tail end of last year (hooray! hooray!), so that'll ascend straight to the top of my list for right now.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Recommend me some metal!

SecondEdition wrote:I could do with some more sludge metal recommendations. Something as ugly and nihilistic as it gets.I kinda got out of this world a few years ago, but I'd recommend checking out:- Monarch- Khanate- Buried at Sea... if you haven't already. None of it's as good as Corrupted, but c'mon.Switchblade isn't really doomy, but they are very good. Their 2004 s/t on Deathwish is my favorite.= Justin