Idiot - Donald Trump Idiot - Donald Trump

numberthirty wrote:IThe guy is saying that the lobbyist aspect of US government is a huge problem.What's funny is, from what I understand (I've never actually sat and watched one of his routines all the way through), I'm not so sure he directly addresses this as an issue that needs to be taken care of so much as he simply points out that he specifically already has a ton of money and totally super-duper pinky promises he won't take anything in exchange for something that hurts the country.Donald Trump wrote:So I've watched the politicians. I've dealt with them all my life. If you can't make a good deal with a politician, then there's something wrong with you. You're certainly not very good. And that's what we have representing us. They will never make America great again. They don't even have a chance. They're controlled fully -- they're controlled fully by the lobbyists, by the donors, and by the special interests, fully.Yes, they control them. Hey, I have lobbyists. I have to tell you. I have lobbyists that can produce anything for me. They're great. But you know what? it won't happen. It won't happen. Because we have to stop doing things for some people, but for this country, it's destroying our country. We have to stop, and it has to stop now.One of his quips against Graham is how can someone be so dumb that they're a politician and still poor!But you're right. People recognize the name, are not fond of politicians in a general sense, and are vaguely aware that he is addressing issues they're concerned about in different way - or are dumb enough that they actually know all the specifics of the crazy shit he says and are still on board with it.This is all highly entertaining side-show nonsense right now of course, but I just don't feel like this is going to play out like Herman Cain's little moment in the spotlight. A different animal. Could be wrong, sorta hope so.

Idiot - Donald Trump Idiot - Donald Trump

don.chaney wrote:But you're right. People recognize the name, are not fond of "politicians" in a general sense, and are vaguely aware that he is addressing issues they're concerned about in "different" way - or are dumb enough that they actually know all the specifics of the crazy shit he says and are still on board with it.It's certainly a setup where it's "Here are all these guys I know will do nothing vs. Guy I can't always agree with who might do something.It puts voters in a weird spot.