Let us see your bike.

Nice bike, CJH. I'd love to have a commuter/do-everything bike like that.bishopdante wrote:This doesn't look that dissimilar to my old Rockhopper FS which I rode since 1998 until about maybe 2010. I fitted the widest Titec risers I could get, platform pedals, and ran Continental slicks on it. Reasonably fast, and great for control. You could bunnyhop anything you didn't like the look of. I kept the STX RC groupset clean, and it worked perfectly for its lifetime, with no particularly noticeable wear.

Let us see your bike.

I won't detail how (it involves a backward stem and a pair of alt-bars), but tonight I set up one of my bikes with about the most upright and ergonomically comfortable/neutral position possible, àl a the Dutch. This was a revelation for me. Just pedaling around in this position is insanely good. You won't have this much fun since childhoodI would like to set up a 29er in this fashion and see if it's possible not to kill yourself riding trails with such an extreme position.

Let us see your bike.

cjh wrote:Nice bike CJH. I like the Black & White.Getting reacquainted with my Croix for the past two weeks commuting after getting knocked off the Equilibrium biking to work. I'm getting it back tomorrow from the cycle shop but think I'll keep it for weekend runs and continue using the Croix for commutes. Here it is will a newly fitted re-sprayed rack ( it's the best paint colour match for the seat / bar tape Halfords could manage but I think it keeps the 'retro' look and feel.
gjhardwick wrote:shut up you massive baptist

Let us see your bike.

All you great esthetes of the PRF! I need your help...I love my bike. It ´s an old Italian racer from the late 70s (Francesco Moser 51.151). Of course, the frame has suffered some damage to the paintwork, there ´s even some rust on it.Because of some repair work on the ball bearing, I ´ll have the main parts removed. A great chance to have the frame repaint. Now I have to choose a color until Monday!I could choose a typical 70s color...or would something timeless be better? I can ´t decide! It ´s really tough. Please all you good people...suggest me some great colors (or color combinations) for an old racing bike!

Let us see your bike.

flytox wrote:Please all you good people...suggest me some great colors (or color combinations) for an old racing bike!Mine is red trimmed with white: obvious, but cuts a dash.However, I like the cruel bling of this gold and black job I saw during the same holiday:If I ever get another bike, I've a mad urge to make it bright yellow. I should mention I have slight colour-blindness, though! F Moser made some fantastic bikes. Do show your ride when it is ready, flytox.
Gib Opi kein Opium, denn Opium bringt Opi um!

Let us see your bike.

Hey sparky, cheers to you and thanks for your suggestions!Your red one looks great! Very classic. Black and gold is no combination for me I guess...I have decided to have a blue bike. Took the frame to the painter yesterday for a nice powdercoating. Three or four weeks until everything is as it should be. I will post pictures here.