The Comedy of Craigslist

lemur68 wrote:
busbus wrote:You have some bad behaving kitties? My parents once threatened to send me to military school. :)

These kittens are two girls and a boy, and my vet told me that if I still have them when they reach sexual maturity, I should at the very least get the boy's harbls chopped, as he WILL try to fuck his sisters.* I can't be having two-faced flipper kittens up in my piece.

*her exact words.

Good move, this doesn't seem fun for any one.

The Comedy of Craigslist

busbus wrote:
lemur68 wrote:
busbus wrote:You have some bad behaving kitties? My parents once threatened to send me to military school. :)

These kittens are two girls and a boy, and my vet told me that if I still have them when they reach sexual maturity, I should at the very least get the boy's harbls chopped, as he WILL try to fuck his sisters.* I can't be having two-faced flipper kittens up in my piece.

*her exact words.

Good move, this doesn't seem fun for any one.

That was here! I remember it in the news.
tocharian wrote:Cheese fries vs nonexistence. Duh.

The Comedy of Craigslist

I fucking love the "Near O'Hare" guy.

Basically there is a dude on Chicago CL who posts the same items 8x a day. He also creates bad forgeries of old guitars and amps and tries to get a lot of money for them. People flag his posts, or offer detailed descriptions of why the guitar he's selling is a fake. He responds by threatening to cut their balls off and other hysterical stuff. After people out him about the guitar 10 or 20 times, he'll try for 3 months to sell it for what it is . . . a Squier that he refinished, burned with cigarettes, put in the oven, and god knows what else.

The text is below as somebody will flag and remove this instantly:

This guitar is a circa 1957 Fender Stratocaster. The neck and body have been refinished in nitrocellulose lacquer. The neck is natural, and the body is Fiesta Red. There is evidence in the neck pocket that the body was originally a sunburst that was oversprayed by Fender to Candy Apple Red with a gold undercoat. This was common practice for Fender on custom color guitars in the 1950's and early 1960's. The Fender decal on the headstock seems to be original with the pointed E's. The 5-57 neck date on the heel is not original but is an accurate indicator of the guitars build date. The tuners are original single line Klusons. Several of the pick guard screws seem to have been replaced. The neck has been professionally refretted. The body cavities for the neck and bridge pick ups have been routed a little deeper into the body (but not widened) to accomodate taller pick ups at some time in the past. The dc resistance of the original black bottom pick ups is 5.81k ohms for the bridge and middle, and 5.32 for the neck pick up, which has been rewound. There is evidence of some rewiring. 5 way switch at some point, original 3 way in it now. Pots are stackpole, dated 1957 (304715). The parts currently in guitar appear to be original. The pick guard is a one ply white plastic and appears to be original, but has a substantial crack thru the switch mounting area. There is a steel block on the tremelo bridge, and original tremolo arm, and ash tray. All knobs and tips seem to be original as well. It has a rough, but original 1959 Fender hardshell case. Case has original handle. Latches work, but springs don't. Current market value of original custom color 1957 stratocasters in excellent condition is in the $35,000.00 and up range. This example, due to it's "issues" has a lesser market value. More photo's available upon request. But if you want to look inside, I prefer it done in person.

The Comedy of Craigslist

Maurice wrote:
PEPPER! wrote:I fucking love the "Near O'Hare" guy.

Ha! I like the obvious logo replacement and the bullet truss rod adjustment on that "'57."

I imagine that all of the little details he cites (dates on the pots, etc) are things that outed his earlier attempts as fakes.

There was a hilarious one a while back where he bought a Daisy Rock 12 string and tried to pass it off as an old Rickenbacker by changing the knobs and pickguard.

The Comedy of Craigslist

Hahaha!

Like the most obvious indicator it's a fake isn't that it's on fucking craigslist to begin with.

"Lesse, I gotta '57 Strat here, but rather than call the MI broker or Christie's, I'll just throw it up on craigslist and see what I can get for it..."
Marsupialized wrote:Right now somewhere nearby there is a fat video game nerd in his apartment fucking a pretty hot girl he met off craigslist. God bless that craig and his list.

The Comedy of Craigslist

agiant wrote:weezy wrote:agiant wrote:Redline wrote:http://tulsa.craigslist.org/muc/5308091746.html^this ad is amazing ^this response sucks"Weezy, custodian of the awesome." Getting to this late, but"What's going to happen when I corner you in a hotel room and force you to watch me masturbate? How will you describe it? You already wasted 'traumatic' on a fucking sandwich.'"

The Comedy of Craigslist

Nate Dort wrote:Yes, because 30 year old power supply caps are super desirable. Be the first to release the magic smoke before it all leaks out!
Marsupialized wrote:Right now somewhere nearby there is a fat video game nerd in his apartment fucking a pretty hot girl he met off craigslist. God bless that craig and his list.

The Comedy of Craigslist

A bunch of used electrolytic capacitors and a power switch from a 80s GK 800RB - $100http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gallien-Krueger ... SwBLlVJMPWThis is a complete set of original vintage JAPAN caps and power switch that were salvaged from a mint rarely ever used vintage 1980's GK 800RB by a very pro tech. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them. The power switch works but does have a little chip on it.. A absolute MUST have to keep your GK 800RB (and maybe 400RB ?) 100% true and legit ! Yes, because 30 year old power supply caps are super desirable. I'm glad he namedropped Duff McKagen in the auction title.