Wanted: Advice on Buying a Van

That's definitely the real thing. I have also thought about getting inside the doors and welding shit in there so a slim Jim cant just open the door quick as shit. I know I can get into my 2001 dodge ram van in about 15 seconds with a coat hanger. It made me feel kinda stupid about the puck lock on the back when I could basically sneeze into the weather striping and open the door. I'm not worried about my '82 GMC van, cause it is a van people look at and know not to fuck with, if they know what's good for them. I might just throw a Mayhem cassette or two on the dash to drive the point home.

dontfeartheringo wrote:Get one of these for the rear doors:.Agree on this 100%, though you may want to avoid the Master Lock version. A better choice might be American (owned by Master, but should be a bit better). On the extreme end there's Abloy , Mul-T-Lock, or Medeco (all by Assa Abloy).These Lockitt's seem interesting, can take any SFIC core. Could be keyed the same as SFIC doors or other locks. Made of aluminum though, might not take much of a beating.
Christopher J. McGarvey wrote:slut barf

HELP/QUESTIONI have like a spare room full of records ("inventory") from when I used to have a label. All the bands whose records sit in my spare room are on the west coast, and I am on the east coast. We've talked about getting all these records to the bands, but shipping them is pretty expensive.The total inventory is about what would fit in a cargo van. I toyed with the idea of renting a uhaul and driving cross country to drop off the records because it sounded romantic. Road tripping, hauling tunes, etc. But once I looked into it, the cost was crazy. Plus uhaul et al don't rent cargo vans one way, only local.A friend suggested I just buy a van, fill it with records, drive it cross country, and sell it at my final destination. This sounds kind of ideal. Perhaps there's a band in the bay area that wants a van from the east coast? Perhaps I can drive it to them, full of records.Is this a dumb idea? Am I gonna regret this?

Bambouche wrote:Perhaps there's a band in the bay area that wants a van from the east coastThere's the guy that revived this thread, but other than that, probably not a great idea. California emissions are weird, sale gets weird for the million reasons a sale gets weird and all of a sudden you are assed out in Sacramento, yaddayaddayadda...I would look at uship.com. I got a motorcycle from Riverside, CA to my front door for $300. Dude had a goddamn 24 ft Boston Whaler on the same trailer. Towing a fucking 24 ft Boston Whaler through Brooklyn - holy shit, you honestly could not pay me enough. Fuck all of that.Anyway, maybe somebody is towing a 24 foot Boston Whaler from the Chesapeake Bay to SF. You could chuck the records in the hull. Your pal would have a story of a dude driving around his high population density town with a Boston Whaler, unloading records from a Boston Whaler, etc. Not as cool as a cross country roadtrip, but it's still pretty funny.

dvockins wrote:Bambouche wrote:Perhaps there's a band in the bay area that wants a van from the east coastThere's the guy that revived this thread, but other than that, probably not a great idea. California emissions are weird, sale gets weird for the million reasons a sale gets weird and all of a sudden you are assed out in Sacramento, yaddayaddayadda...I would look at uship.com. ...Thanks for that.