Peavey Gear?

JohnnySomersett wrote:I snagged a bunch of Peavey gear today for not a lot of money. A 2x15 D (for deep), two 1x15, and a MkIII Bass Head for 200!All three cabs are loaded with Black Widows - although one is blown so I'm gonna rebaffle and make a 410(the three on the furthest right)That's a great deal, if you have the room and the muscles. I rate older Peavey gear too, but the Carlsboro keyboard amp series (hornet/cobra, etc) of a similar vintage is even better. The bass is less mushy, they just sound a bit more hifi, which I like. Thinking of getting Cobra 90 from a secondhand store, 80.. ..is that a reasonable price, people?

Peavey Gear?

Pulled the trigger on a Studio Pro 40 online from Guitar Center. Just under $100, shipping and all. The band I'm playing with these days is based a half-hour from me so I wanted something cheap, loud with some good headroom for practice and gigging that I can keep over at the band space, so hopefully this'll fit the bill and not have to lug my beloved TS50 everywhere.Definitely love my Peavey Stunod (Standard) head that I've had for a while which is very versatile for bass, baritone and guitar.

Peavey Gear?

garthplinko wrote:Do you guys think two Bandits would be loud enough to get over a rock drummer?A couple of quick things...- I've heard a single Special combo be more than loud enough to do that on a few occasions.- The Yamaha T50C was my brother's main live amp in band situations. Those guys used to call it "The Rage Box" because it used to just go Godzilla on any other sound in the band. Easily kept up with drums/a head and a 4X12/an SVT bass amp. They don't turn up all over the place, but it might be worth keeping in mind.

Peavey Gear?

garthplinko wrote:Do you guys think two Bandits would be loud enough to get over a rock drummer?We used to do it with ONE Bandit 65 in high school. Might depend on how clean you need it. Usually Peaveys produce a lot of loud clean tone, but I honestly don't remember how loud this particular Peavey was clean...

Peavey Gear?

japmn wrote:garthplinko wrote:Yeah I have been considering stereo power amp for what I'm doing I'm using the mono version of this with a Rusty Box for a bass amp right now and love it. A friend has the 120/120 but I don't need all that. when I find the Stereo 60 watt, I'm buying it. You can get them for under $200 all day, which isn't really bad for anything tube. I bet they can be modified to be a bit cleaner and more robust even with little effort. Better ground buss, maybe rebuild the power supply. Cool, rarely talked about Peavey things.Which amp are you talking about now?
www.myspace.com/pissedplanet
www.myspace.com/hookerdraggerlives