Help me remember... thread

voncorn wrote:atomjackfuser wrote:Only bumping this because it ended up at the end of the line.atomjackfuser wrote:This was a short film aired by HBO in the late, late 80s or early 90s meant to scare people into properly storing their hand guns so kids would not play with them. Something along the lines of "The Lonely Death of..." The climatic accidental shooting had brain matter flying out like it was Full Metal Jacket. The grandmother found the kid... Disturbed the shit out of me at time. Probably would still disturb me...http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0180726/?ref\_=ttep\_ep1Thanks!!

A couple of years ago there was a video shot from first-person perspective of a postman winding his way up the side of a hill in a little seaside town, then being met by a friendly dog. The dog takes the mail from him and goes into a house.This seaside village is, maybe?, on the Dalmatian Coast.I'd really like to look at this video again so I can figure out where this town is and take my family there, if it doesn't cost a gazillion dollars. Anyone know this video?
Redline wrote:Not Crap. The sound of death? The sound of FUN! ScrrreeEEEEEEE

emmanuelle cunt wrote:So I landed on the Bach motif Wikipedia page and now it's haunting me (you can play the midi file on the right side of the screen).Where do I remember it from? All of these may be totally misleading:- very similar tempo to how it's played on the Wiki page- female/kid's voice- the last note is "you" (???)- someone is humming it in a film / tv series (?????)- I also thought of Cynthia Dall (????????????????)- sense of loss / missing someone (??)Help me, PRF, you are my only hope. This is driving me nuts.Now me too.Definitely humming. Maybe in a tv commercial? I should never have clicked on that midi file.
LingLing - www.myspace.com/linglingchicago

So I landed on the Bach motif Wikipedia page and now it's haunting me (you can play the midi file on the right side of the screen).Where do I remember it from? All of these may be totally misleading:- very similar tempo to how it's played on the Wiki page- female/kid's voice- the last note is "you" (???)- someone is humming it in a film / tv series (?????)- I also thought of Cynthia Dall (????????????????)- sense of loss / missing someone (??)Help me, PRF, you are my only hope. This is driving me nuts.

andteater wrote:emmanuelle cunt wrote:So I landed on the Bach motif Wikipedia page and now it's haunting me (you can play the midi file on the right side of the screen).Where do I remember it from? All of these may be totally misleading:- very similar tempo to how it's played on the Wiki page- female/kid's voice- the last note is "you" (???)- someone is humming it in a film / tv series (?????)- I also thought of Cynthia Dall (????????????????)- sense of loss / missing someone (??)Help me, PRF, you are my only hope. This is driving me nuts.Now me too.Definitely humming. Maybe in a tv commercial? I should never have clicked on that midi file.I think I got it, at least for my part. So I guess that's close enough to derail my mind.Hey-hey-hey-hey

crustandcrumb wrote:I'm trying to remember a group, no one too obscure, but experimental, and certainly there's a c/nc thread on them here somewhere. I believe it's a quintet at least, very percussive, at least two drummers, all but one of them wear masks, fairly prolific and somewhat varied output if I recall...UPDATE: It was Shit & ShineA group worth remembering. Some very good records there.