Rechargeable pedalboard why not

I played a few shows with a friend's band and put together a small pedalboard for the run. Bought a Volto to power the 3-4 pedals but it didn't reliably hold a charge. After about 1/2 the shows I got a bunch of batteries for the pedals and dropped it. The rest of the band made fun of me for buying something silly. I blame the Volto for my feelings getting hurt.That''s why not - people will be teased by others if the battery doesn't work. Teased a lot.= Justin

elisha wiesner wrote:My friend has a rechargeable battery pack that he uses for his pedals. I think it's called the Battery Buddy or something stupid like that. I think Sanyo made/makes one as well.I've got one of the Sanyo ones, called Eneloop. Got it for free from a friend, it's been extremely reliable and great so far; I've been using it for 2-3 years now. I'm surprised they didn't seem to catch on, pretty sure they've been discontinued for a while. The charge lasts a really long time. I use it to power 4 pedals, and it fits nicely on my little board. And yes, I've had people recording with me use it if their One Spot or whatever is noisy.
That dog won't hunt, monsignor.
zom-zom wrote:Fuck you loser pussies that hate KISS.

Go listen to your beard-nerd aluminum guitar shit. See if I care.

steve wrote:If a Tesla can go 300 miles without a charge, surely there's a way to power a looper and half-dozen fuzzboxes for a couple hours.Without trying to be too much of a smarty pants, someone sunk a whole battleship full of cash into getting it to that point.If we pooled even a tenth of that money, we could probably get this done and then throw five or six pizza party jams.

Justin Foley wrote:I played a few shows with a friend's band and put together a small pedalboard for the run. Bought a Volto to power the 3-4 pedals but it didn't reliably hold a charge. After about 1/2 the shows I got a bunch of batteries for the pedals and dropped it.Were any of those digital pedals with a high current drain? They specifically say it isn't really designed for use with those...

let's establish some design criteriaif we can get this to $60 and under I think that's a winner for everyone, and your average pedal jockey would be willing to buy it. if a power supply costs more than a decent pedal people get weary.The average person these days is running what:Tuner - 60maOverdrive ~10ma'Cool' overdrive - 20maAnalog Delay - 30-50maDigital Delay - 100maDigital Reverb? - 100maSome kind of DSP Effect? - 250maSo somewhere around 800ma maybe, lets call it 1000ma to be safe. If you're playing all afternoon, you're going to want 4-5 hours out of the thing, lets say five. So hard lower limit of 5000mAh of battery size, with a more desirable being 10Ahwe've also got 9V, 12V, 18V and 24V - does anyone care about 12 and 18V pedals? Safe to say anyone with a different voltage than 9V will have another pedal supply for it and the charger be damned?

Dudley wrote:Bon Hoga wrote:I've been using a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 1st gen. for at least 15 years without a single problem -- the thing is dead quiet, designed to survive a nuclear war, doesn't have to be recharged and doesn't contain toxic chemicals. Very good point.Also agree. The Voodoo Labs stuff is overkill for me, but the Fuel Tank Jr. has been rock solid, small, and not much more $ than a tuner pedal (or a lot of the battery options proposed here).

Tommy wrote:Granted, the 18V is only useful if you have a pedal than either runs on 18V or you at least have one that can run up to 18V (many companies do these days). The ISO5 also doesn't have a switchable mains voltage, so you can't use it overseas as easily...Ah yes. I can run my Tone Job at 18v, but I didn't hear enough of a benefit to keep doing it so it's probably just worth having the extra 9v. (I have yet to need them all at once though)

TylerSavage wrote:we've also got 9V, 12V, 18V and 24V - does anyone care about 12 and 18V pedals? Safe to say anyone with a different voltage than 9V will have another pedal supply for it and the charger be damned?Any PRF-endorsed power supply really ought to support 30v...I see that the EA Rusty Box has a sticker on it telling people not to lose the power supply, and the supply is zip-tied to the pedal just to be sure.