Ebay Selling Hassle

Nate Dort wrote:I sold a mic on May 1, shipped it May 2, and then the buyer wasn't available to sign for it during three delivery attempts. It's been sitting at a UPS warehouse for a week, and just this morning it looks like it's being returned to me. Haven't heard a peep from the seller. About 6 months ago I sold a guitar on ebay and the same thing happened. It got returned to me. I contacted the buyer through ebay and their paypal email address but never heard anything. The guitar is sitting in my shop still in the box I shipped it in.

Ebay Selling Hassle

Reverb saves the day - sent an offer on a bass body, and it was accepted the next day, so I paid that day. Days go by without a shipping update and seller doesn't reply to any of my messages. 1 week later, same thing. Dude has 100+ more positive feedbacks than me so what gives? Eventually I had Reverb step in, so they got me my cash back without any fuss.

Ebay Selling Hassle

I have noticed a lot of dudes trolling for partial refunds lately. Had a guy complain that a baseball hat (a hat!) was shipped in an envelope rather than a box. It arrived 'smashed'- he was "refusing to open it until I get a refund" -So I offered him a return, and he'd get his $7 when I get it back. Needless to say it never showed.
No one is paying you to sit on that bed and cry.

Ebay Selling Hassle

chris jury wrote:I have noticed a lot of dudes trolling for partial refunds lately. Had a guy complain that a baseball hat (a hat!) was shipped in an envelope rather than a box. It arrived 'smashed'- he was "refusing to open it until I get a refund" -So I offered him a return, and he'd get his $7 when I get it back. Needless to say it never showed.Partial refund dudes drive me crazy. I do the same thing as you and just offer a full refund and that is usually the end of it.

Ebay Selling Hassle

7 weeks ago I sold a c. 1920's copy of a Martin parlor guitar. Could very well have been made by a Martin employee but it was unmarked and had had a fair amount of work done to it so no collector price. It wasn't pretty but sounded nice and was a really fun little guitar. I shipped it out and the buyer got it in 3 days. He left me nice feedback. I just got a return request. I offer a 30 day no questions asked return policy but 7 weeks is just way to long. I sort of feel like a jerk denying him but I don't know, he's had the guitar for close to 2 months now and I'm sure could have figured out that he didn't like it well before now.

Ebay Selling Hassle

elisha wiesner wrote:7 weeks ago I sold a c. 1920's copy of a Martin parlor guitar. Could very well have been made by a Martin employee but it was unmarked and had had a fair amount of work done to it so no collector price. It wasn't pretty but sounded nice and was a really fun little guitar. I shipped it out and the buyer got it in 3 days. He left me nice feedback. I just got a return request. I offer a 30 day no questions asked return policy but 7 weeks is just way to long. I sort of feel like a jerk denying him but I don't know, he's had the guitar for close to 2 months now and I'm sure could have figured out that he didn't like it well before now.Do NOT feel like a jerk. 30 days is a very generous policy.