Ebay Selling Hassle

Nate Dort wrote:A Hiwatt badge I sold has been sitting in German customs for 5 weeks, according to the tracking info. I should probably just assume that it's lost, right? I think the buyer is probably going to file a claim as soon as the ebay window for that opens. I wouldn't assume it's lost just yet. Germany isn't nearly as bad as Italy but I have had a couple things get stuck in customs there for at least a couple weeks.

Ebay Selling Hassle

elisha wiesner wrote:Nate Dort wrote:A Hiwatt badge I sold has been sitting in German customs for 5 weeks, according to the tracking info. I should probably just assume that it's lost, right? I think the buyer is probably going to file a claim as soon as the ebay window for that opens. I wouldn't assume it's lost just yet. Germany isn't nearly as bad as Italy but I have had a couple things get stuck in customs there for at least a couple weeks.Buyer filed an "Item not received" claim today. Now I'm out $50 and the item, which he'll probably eventually receive. This is why I usually don't ship internationally. It seems like every 5th item I've shipped overseas has been lost.

Ebay Selling Hassle

That sucks, Nate. Sorry.Redline wrote:lost = stolen.My Ebay mantra - "I ship only to the lower 48"Yep. It's been a long time since I've used eBay, but my listings always said "Continental US only". Customs are a pain in the ass, and shipping to Hawaii/Alaska/Puerto Rico/Guam is fucking expensive.

Ebay Selling Hassle

Sort of a hassle:I bought a synth from eBay that arrived yesterday. I took it out of the box and played it for a few hours and everything worked just as it should. This morning I turned it on and the output is dead. Otherwise it seems to work fine - presets, menus, display, and MIDI all work just as it should, but no sound. So I'm in a bit of an odd situation, because it arrived fine yesterday but today it's not working. So what should I do? Should I contact the seller? It's not his fault it stopped working after a day, but at the same time it shouldn't have died after a day.