Attenuator Thread

I've got a weber mass-200 with what seems to be a speaker coil inside. It does work better than any attentuator I've used, and I really like the treble control and the line out on it. Only thing is it has a wiper on it for the attenuation pot that feels terrible.I don't use it, but for what it does it served me well, so I've been feeling abject to selling it. That said...

Attenuator Thread

Tommy wrote:endofanera wrote:Dr Tony Balls wrote:Weber 200 seems like a good option.That's what I've got. Does what you want (quieter) without what you don't want (changing tone).Would love to hear more takes on the 200.Hey, bdm, you ever use that Weber 200? I'd love to hear a comparison review between that and the Rivera one. Been thinking about picking one of these two up and the 200's price point is WAY more appealing.Actually that one has managed to elude me. I haven t ever had the chance to try one of those.

Attenuator Thread

THANKS!Weber 200 seems like a good option.DIY is up my alley, but im nervous that i might not understand something fully and wreck an output transformer...maybe thats silly though.Fryette looks great but is way more than I need. I just need attenuation, none of the amp business.Rivera looks good.I've also heard good things about the Tone King one and the Scumback one. The Tone King one in particular has great reviews. Found one gut shot and it seems super simple...maybe i'll buy one for a bit and trace it out.

Attenuator Thread

llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:To add to the chorus, I m selling a stereo Weber Mass. it s two Weber Mass 100s in a single enclosureWould be all over that but I think I need a 200. Their site says that the 100 is good for an amp up to 60W RMS. Id like the ability to accept 100W amps. I'll be using it at times for playing, but also at times for bench use. If i'm working on a 100W Marshall I'd like to use the attenuator to keep it quiet while im testing it.

Attenuator Thread

Dr Tony Balls wrote:Weber 200 seems like a good option.That's what I've got. Does what you want (quieter) without what you don't want (changing tone).
"You get a kink in your neck looking up at people or down at people. But when you look straight across, there's no kinks."
--Mike Watt

Attenuator Thread

endofanera wrote:Dr Tony Balls wrote:Weber 200 seems like a good option.That's what I've got. Does what you want (quieter) without what you don't want (changing tone).Would love to hear more takes on the 200.Hey, bdm, you ever use that Weber 200? I'd love to hear a comparison review between that and the Rivera one. Been thinking about picking one of these two up and the 200's price point is WAY more appealing.

Attenuator Thread

For the WM 200, the only thing I could think it needs is a headphone out, and a multiple impedance option (maybe?!) . All of my heads can run 4 ohms so that's all I've run into it.100w or 50w amp goes in, as close to the same thing as can be, but quieter, comes out.I bought the thing so I could run 'all' of one amp, through the line out into a power amp as some sort of Herzog situation.